Wednesday, April 6, 2016

High winds n this Wednesday morning and they are bringing in a storm that is pushed by a cold front.  There is nothing better to cause a headache than a low pressure front carrying a storm along with it. The chimes are ringing in the wind and it is a pleasant sound. 

I saw a first this morning. There was a cardinal in the birdbath taking a bath this morning. I've seen many robins and starlings and blackbirds do that but never a cardinal. I've seen sparrow taking both water and dust baths but was surprised to see a cardinal splashing the water around this morning. I had to fill my bark butter feeders again this morning. I'm going through a 2lb container of this stuff about every ten days at $12.00 a container. But --- it keeps my birds coming back. The nut hatches were literally landing on the one I had just filled as I was hanging up a second one. My presence didn't bother them a bit. 

Wednesday of course means an afternoon and evening at the churches for Sunday and then staying around for choir practice. I don't know what we will work on for choir now that the cantata is over. I would love for them to sing a couple more times before the summer schedule starts. We generally don't have choir during the summer. I try to get individuals to sing or play an instrument as a solo during the summer. We have a young girl who does interpretive dance and I had her do her recital dance one time. I don't know if she is still doing that or not. Parents seem to want their kids doing everything these days. I know she is doing basketball and soccer these days so maybe she's not doing dance. We have several musicians in the congregation at St. Lucas but one would think they never heard of music when I ask them to do a solo. I have done solos several times but I always feel like I'm being a show off or being "braggy" if I do it myself.  I just don't understand --- God gives people beautiful talents but they want tpo hide it and not use it. But then, I have played music and sang solos in front of people forever. Sometimes I do really well, sometimes I could have done a lot better. But if you want runs on the scoreboard --- somebody has to pick up a bat. 

The sky is getting darker rather than lighter which I reckons means the rain is moving this way. It is supposed to be over by this evening which is fine by me and it isn't supposed to be more than a half an inch. I've set here through both cups of coffee and now I need to head to my "real" computer and get some writing done. I pray your day is fully blessed and full of goodness for your mind, body, and soul. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment