Monday, April 18, 2016

It is a brilliant start to a brand new week. It is 64 degrees already this morning and going to the mid-eighties. The cardinals are looking brilliant in the sunlight with their red coats on. They are flitting back and forth from feeder to bird bath to feeder again. There looks to be maybe six or seven this morning. It is often hard to tell because they move around so much. Two squirrels have joined the mix this morning already. And then, we have the starlings that are rapidly depleting the bark butter from the feeders, along side of the downy woodpeckers. I must go to buy suets and bark butter and bark butter bits today as I am totally out of all of it. Say good bye to my $100.00 bill.

We had a really good weekend. Church was as well attended as I expected it to be considering that corn planting has started. Folks will be tending to that business for the next few weeks. So as they head out the door early each morning I offer up a prayer that their season will be a good and safe season while they get the seed in to ground. We all know that these guys tend to work too many hours a day until they get the seed in or the harvest out. Tired bodies and fatigued minds cause accidents.

This is packing and planning week for Ms. Kate and I. We have stuff that needs to be taken to Heather's house and I'm not sure yet how it is going to fit in the car. I don't think it is all that much but some of it is a bit bulky. Since some of it a small furniture, we need to keep it from rubbing against each other. Taking this stuff out is the reason we are driving instead of flying. Although we do like driving across the country. I just wish the trips weren't rushed. We are doing the trip in four days each way and that does make for some long driving days. I know some folks would do it in less but we don't like to do more than 450 miles a day and that won't cut it, so we're going to stretch that a bit each day. I think today we need to go to AAA and get a trip-tik done as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Our azelias just continue to be more beautiful each day. The pink ones are huge along the west fence and the red ones back there are now stating to blossom out too, Unfortunately, I don't think a couple of them are going to do anything at all. There is too much shade where they are and I think they have died. I need to get those dug up and out of there sometime this summer. Our Rhodadendrum has finally died out too. Last year it was so beautiful but this year it hasn't started to even look the least bit green. I'll let it go until we get back and if it hasn't done anything by then, I'll take it out. I think though it just reached the end of its life span.

So, I need to refill my coffee cup and get busy. I hope your week is full of God's blessings and I hope your week is full of God's peace. Stop what you are doing and go hug someone you love. It will do you good. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment