Wednesday, April 13, 2016

It is a bright, blue-sky, sun shining day that greets me this morning. It is only 45 degrees but I'll gladly take it. I'm getting an earlier start on this today than I did yesterday. However, today is going to be crammed with work. Yes, it is Wednesday and today, Ms. Kate and I have a lot of bulletins to run. We have several weeks worth to run because of our up coming vacation. I also have a luncheon meeting with our Associate Conference Minister, and we have choir practice tonight. Unfortunately that means no nap today!

I have a lot of birds and squirrels out there this morning. I've been watching one squirrel out on the feeder that we kind of allocate to them and it hadn't stopped eating for at least 30 minutes until all of a sudden another squirrel showed up. Then the fight was on. It jumped from the feeder over to the tree and the chase was on; across the yard, up the pussy willow tree, across and around my sunporch roof, back down the pussy willow tree and to the yard --- and they just stopped. Now one of them is back on the original feeder, but the tail is swishing as fast as it can. They are entertaining to say the least. They mocking bird, the woodpeckers, and the starlings are all apparently glad to see the bark butter feeders are full again; although at this rate, they won't be full for long. I was checking my stock of stuff yesterday afternoon and it appears I will need to go to the feed store again soon. I'm totally out of suits, I'm on the last container of bark butter and the last bag of bark butter bits. They sure go through stuff quick.

Neighbor Dan finally got home last night. It will be good to see them. They were talking a back to back trip and maybe leaving for Washigton DC right away but I think that trip got put on hold due to his wrist surgery. Besides, it is his time to watch the fort while Ms. Kate and I go off to have fun.

It looks like Ms. Margaret's flowering crabapple tree has just about finished with its blooming. I'm sorry to see that because it really made for a beautiful picture over across the fence. It's hard to believe how big that thing has gotten since we moved here.

Well, I have enough work to do to keep me busy today and I need to get started on it. But first, I must take time to give thanks for such a beautiful morning. I pray your day will be full of joy and happiness. I pray your worries will be small and that you will take them and drop them off at the cross of Jesus, and turn them over to God. God is so good! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment