Friday, April 22, 2016

Gosh, this is Friday already isn't it? My week that I thought was going to last forever has almost ended. Only about 48 hours until we get on the road for our vacation. And --- I still haven't finished packing, nor was I able to get my hair cut yesterday like I planned. My barber shop is closed for vacation. They could have waited a week and gone while I was gone. They obviously just forgot how really important I am. LOLOL  So, I guess I'll go to my alternate place but I don't like them near as well.

It is cloudy again this morning. We had a good bit of rain yesterday and yesterday evening. Most of the weather has moved on but now we are getting the wrap-around effect of the front. It is still too wet to mow the grass. But this stuff is supposed to move on and the sun will break out. I moved another one of our plant containers from out of the sunroom to outside yesterday afternoon and let it get some rain on it. It already looks healthier this morning. It is amazing how much better stuff looks when God waters it instead of me.

I have mostly starlings here this morning so far. The cardinals will be here soon. I did have a pair of nuthatches come in a while ago. They had their breakfast and moved on. We're just the Comfort Inn of Birdland I guess. I also had a new cat in the yard out by the south fence line. It was a huge yellow thing. If it hadn't had a long tail, I would have thought it could be a Bobcat. We have some of those in this area although I've never seen one. Every once in awhile, someone will post a video of one in their back yard, but it is always in much more rural areas than what I live in. But this cat didn't stay long. It jumped the fence and moved on south.

I re-filled the bark butter sticks again yesterday because the Pilated Woodpecker kept showing up and was looking for it. Of course, now, I haven't seen it since; --- and the starlings and mockingbirds are rapidly depleting the feeders again. They are worse than crack addicts about that stuff. What hasn't gone down too much is the sunflower seed feeders. But, by the time we get back from vacation, you can bet that everything will be empty and the critters will be picketing at the windows.

We got our route back home planned out yesterday. I really hope we have good weather because it will be a beautiful drive coming through the Rockies and the Denver area. I'm also hoping the desert areas have had some good rain because when that happens, the desert comes alive with wild flowers. We have been lucky enough to see that a couple of times and it is overwhelming. God does such marvelous work with creation.

Ms. Kate is fixing breakfast so, I'm jumping out of here. I pray you will have a most blessed day. Go out and surprise someone with an unexpected hug today.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment