Thursday, April 21, 2016

I know it can't be bright and sunny everyday and all of the time. If it were we would be living in the desert. So these light April showers this morning are fine by me. As long as we aren't having severe storms or flooding issues like they are having in Houston, Texas, it's all good. I pray for the folks in Texas. Several lives have been lost due simply because people drive into what they think are puddles and they end up being washed away. I've heard our weatherman say a thousand times; "Turn around -- don't drown." But people think that bad things can't possibly happen to them and they lose their lives over their bravado.

My Pilated woodpecker was here again today and the bark butter feeders are empty. When the showers quit, I'll go out and fill them up. It's been around here enough now to earn a name and I think I'll call him "Mr. Longbeak" It is amazing how he can twist his head and neck around to get food from the feeders. God seems to have given each and every creature the exact abilities they need to maintain themselves. Human creatures are the ones that seem to waste their special God-given abilities the most. That's what happens when you exchange instinct for thought. Since the bark butter feeders were empty, he decided it was fine to eat from the seed cakes that they make specifically for woodpeckers. The poor thing.

The bird baths are busy again this morning despite the rain. I guess sometimes a shower isn't enough and a bird just has to have a bath. At least the robins and the starlings seem to think so. They have been in and out of all three of the bird baths this morning several times.

Ms. Kate and I got our trip out to California all mapped out yesterday and the motel reservations made. Today we'll plan out the trip back but since we are taking I-70 home I don't think we'll make the hotel reservations just yet in case the mountains get a lot of snow. We have seen deep snow as late as June on some of out trips.

We had choir practice last nigh and it went very well. We only have one last time to sing this season and that will be on May the 22nd. The song we are singing is short enough and easy enough that I suggested that they can skip choir practice while Ms, Kate and I are gone. There were no complaints about that.

My pink azelias are pretty well bloomed out and now the red ones are coming along fine and beautiful. The it is are starting to bloom as are the poppies. The front of our house is lined with red and white azelias and a pink dogwood  and a white dogwood. Everything is blooming and it looks beautiful. It has been am amazing spring.

Time to refill the coffee cup, then get ready to go to the barbershop. I've se here and loafed long enough. Take time to snif some flowers today and maybe do an April walk in the rain showers. It's only water you know, and I didn't say you couldn't take an umbrella. Go on -- go out and touch the face of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment