Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday afternoon and I'm sitting by the pool at the hotel. Julie and Lisa are sitting in the hot tub and I decided to come down and do my blog. We are also waiting for Ms. Kate's sister, Karen to arrive at the hotel. The wedding rehearsal is at 1530 so everything is on track.

The weather here is cool but sunny. Unfortunately we may have to dodge some raindrops just in time for the wedding. But, if we do, it will just be moved inside. But regardless of of what happens, the wedding will go on and life will continue to be good.

California is a beautiful state and Ms. Kate and I loved living here the two times that we were stationed in the state. Having said that --- I don't think you could pay me to live here again. There's just so much traffic and noise and people everywhere. It is hard to find a quiet spot. One has to literally head out into the deserts and hill tops to get away from all of it. No thank you! Even here in the hotel it is hard to find a quiet spot. There is another bridal party here tonight. The bride and her entourage came in this afternoon. They looked like character's out of "The Stepford Wives." Everyone of them was tall, blonde, tanned to perfection, wearing their tattoos, skinny jeans and high heels or boots. No doubt in my mind they are all sorority sisters. The bride was wearing the train part of her veil and the others were wearing their smiles and giggles and haughty disapproval of all things not them. I couldn't help but think --- yeah, you might be hot in some one's world but you're still carrying a Bud Lite and celebrating at a Comfort Inn.

Ok, I was interrupted for a few hours while we attended to wedding business. By tomorrow evening  all of the excitement of pre-wedding will be over and I'm sure that exhaustion will begin to set in. Rehearsal went well. Everybody was on time and behaved themselves. The rehearsal dinner was very good. Come Sunday, Julie, Jim, Lisa, & Steph will all be getting on a plane and heading home. Karen will head back over to Las Vegas for a couple of days and then on Monday, Ms. Kate and I will head to Las Vegas for a week.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I hope you take time to go and give God thanks for the blessings in your life. Knowing that I am performing the marriage ceremony for my daughter and new son-in-law tomorrow is such a multitude of blessings for me. It will be the highlight of my career as a pastor and and an overwhelming honor as her father. God has truly blessed me. I give God all praise and glory. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment