Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Oh yes, it is late in the day for me to be starting on my blog. And, I suspect it will not be as long as usual. But, --- it has been a busy day.

I had the monthly Pastor's Circle meeting this morning to attend. That is normally a three hour deal and today was no different. But we had a very different and interesting program for it today. Some folks presented a program on therapy dogs for use in nursing homes. The two dogs they brought were so gentle and well behaved. I'm sure they are very good at doing what they do. This program ties in ministry and compassion care with the dogs.

I got home a little after noon and we went out to lunch and then to the doctor's office for Ms. Kate to do her monthlyy blood draw; then to the CVS Pharmacy; then home and took a short nap. And now --- here we are.

I've been sitting here watching two rabbits out there in the yard. They are using the daffodils for cover and have been in and out of the yard for a couple of days. My bet is that in a few weeks I'll have baby bunnies again this year like I did last year. While we were sitting here though, a squirrel came along and started chasing the rabbits. I've never seen that happen before. I don't know if they were playing or the squirrel was claiming territory. My bird feeders are empty, as I told you yesterday. So, in a few minutes I'm going to go fill everything up again. In another hour the cardinals will be in for evening feeding and I need to make sure they have something waiting for them. It is such a beautiful afternoon that I don't want to miss seeing them because of laziness on my part.

The lilacs and the azelias aare now coming on strong. Some of our larger pink azelias on the west fence are at about the 50% point of being in bloom. The tulips are blooming well and the Virginia Coral Bells are blooming too. The yard is lush and green but unfortunately the weeds are quickly getting ahead of us due to the rain. The peonies are really coming up too so we will have flowers of some kind blooming around here for the next couple of months. God does marvelous work.

OK, time to go fill feeders and make happy bird. The cardinals are already starting to gather. Have a blessed evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment