Monday, April 4, 2016

I saw a meme on Facebook this morning that I thought was quite appropriate. It was a child wth a scowl on his face and the words were; "Winter, you had six weeks to show up and you were late! Now move on!" That's a bit how I feel about the weather this week. We are still having freeze warnings at night and the 60's during the day. This morning it was 43  and is going to 63. But --- the sky is cloud covered, and it is sprinkling rain. However, typing and griping about it all is just an exercise for my fingers; so, I'll just hush and eat my piece of peach pie for my breakfast.

And a very happy Monday to you! As I look out the porch this morning I see that the Bradford Pear and other early blooming trees are about 90% done and the wind has taken the blossoms away. However, The Redbuds, and Flowering Crabapples are now blooming beautifully, and the Dogwood trees are just now starting to put their blooms on. The daffodils are "past it" and are drooping and looking tired. But the Tulips are looking good and the peonies are now up abut a foot and the early Azelia's are getting a few blooms on them. I might gripe about the weather etc., but God has indeed given us a beautiful spring this year. So, I send a heaven-bound Instagram full of my apologies.

Ms. Kate still isn't feeling well. She says it is her diverticulitis that is keeping her down. Bless her heart, there isn't much one can do about it except watch your diet and suffer with it. I had that for several years and can attest to what she is going through. It will flat double you over in pain.

The robins are a hoppin' and boppin' his morning around the yard and in the bird bath. I bought a new container /feeder the other day for mealworms to put out for the birds. It is a small glass jar that is maybe two inches wide and a half an inch deep. The wren loves it. It keeps the container empty as it darts back and forth grabbing a worm. These meal worms are dried and they stink. They are also expensive. They weigh practically nothing for a container of them. But cardinals like them and so do my wrens. I guess I need to fill up my little container again as well as the bark butter feeders. These guys sure do have me trained.

Yesterday was a busy day but I got some good work done. The best part for me was that I finally got my slate of candidates filled for the up coming election of the Evansvile Tri-State Association of the United Church of Christ. Now I can relax about that. When I accepted the position as the Vice President as a fill-in back in December, filling that slate was my only real job that I had to do and there were seven positions that needed to be filled. So, I'm patting myself on the back because one of the jobs that had to be filled was mine! Now I have a couple more worship services and a sermon yet to write before Ms. Kate and I are ready to leave on vacation. But, it is all coming together.

Time to wrap this up and get on with having a Monday and doing something productive. Never forget that God is good, all the time, and the Holy Spirit is your constant companion. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment