Saturday, April 16, 2016

Good Saturday morning I'm having a hard time waking up this morning and so is Ms. Kate. We are both out here in the sunporch with our coffee cups but we keep dozing off . I think the fact of the matter is that we have had a very busy week and today there is nothing on our must do list. Certainly there are things to do and we will get to them today but not at the moment. Z-z-z-z-z-z!

Yesterday we did the funeral for one of my parishioners and it went well. I think the family received some closure. Then we had to go to hospital for a pastoral visit because one of our parishioners was having surgery for a severely broken leg. After that we went to Ms. Kate's sister's house for a bit and then to shop for a wedding present. While we were shopping I got a call about another parishioner who lost the baby she was carrying. Bless her and her husband's hearts. It was their first and they were so looking forward to having this child. And -- last night I had more church business to take care of; so it has been one of those kind of weeks. I think we are sleepy this morning because the adrenaline has finally worn off.

As I look out in the yard I can see several things that are calling my name, not the least of which are my lawn mowers. Since it is going to be a 75 degree day, I just can't ask for a better day to do some yard work. I also have bird feeders to fill again and some trimming to get done. Ms. Kate and I also have a couple of weeks of bulletins to fold and stuff today so we can take them to the churches tomorrow. The day will not go idle. But, we are just about at the point where we can concentrate on just getting packed and ready  for our trip. We need to be at that point because we leave a week from tomorrow as soon as the church service is over.

My cousin Debbie and her husband leave for Cancun, Mexico today. I know they are really looking forward to the trip. I'd like to see that part of the world but I know that we would never travel there. I've done enough foreign travel to satisfy my soul. It is one thing to travel to foreign countries on military orders and have known American systems to back you up. But going off on your own without known back up just isn't going to happen for us.

The yawns and stretches are all done and now I'm awake enough to get busy and be productive. I hope your day is blessed and full of God's goodness. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment