Thursday, April 7, 2016

No sunshine again this morning; it's just a grey, somewhat warm (54) and windy morning again. my cousin Debbie who lives about 130 miles west of me posts a sunrise almost every morning on Facebook. I look forward to seeing them because she actually gets up early enough to see the sun rise. And -- she lives out in the country with no houses around her to block the view of the sun coming up over the horizon and their pond. I took those kind of hours off of my clock. But, she didn't have a sun rise this morning either.

We had severe thunderstorms role through yesterday afternoon so we canceled choir practice and Ms. Kate and I didn't go up to the churches and run the bulletins. The storms were way worse up there than they were here at home. The wind took trees and roofs and power from some people there. None of my partitioner were affected that badly, I don't think. This has been a turbulent month with the wind so far. I don't recall this being "typical" for April but the weatherman says it is. We are in what they say is a 13 week severe weather watch period. We go through this every spring and every fall which mean that we spend 26 weeks of 52 under a severe weather watch. What's up with that?

Each and every day the yard looks more and more lush as the flowers continue to grow and the trees continue to leaf out. I was looking at Ms. Margaret's big Maple tree yesterday and it won't be very long and all of those millions of "helicopter" seeds are going to start flying through the air. I think we need an east wind so they land on her roof and gutter instead of mine. Unfortunately, neighbor Darrel, next door to the south also has one just as big. So, since the majority of our winds come from the south and the west --- guess where everything lands.  No wonder I have so many volunteer trees in my yard and flowerbeds.

I have now finished all of the worship services that I need to get prepared so I can go on vacation. I still have to finish one last sermon for the Sunday that I return but that won't take too long. Then, Ms. Kate and I need to spend some time at the church one of these days just running and stuffing bulletins. It isn't hard work, it just takes awhile and our backs get sore from sitting there folding and stuffing them. Most of the times things go well; but when things go wrong with the copier, it really gets frustrating.

So, having said that, I need to get ready for my day's work. Ms. Kate and I also need to go go the grocery store for a few things. She is out of half and half for her morning coffee and we don't want the world to come to a screeching halt. LOL

Only a few birds have come aeound this morning and no squirrels. Maybe I'm just not here at the right moment today. But, a couple of beautiful cardinals did stop by the bird bath for a drink, and that always brightens my day. It is just kind of my morning messenger from God saying "Nice to see you  this morning." On that note I bid you a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment