Wednesday, February 24, 2016

There will be no sunshine today. It is raining and we have reached our high today of 39 degrees already. The rain is to turn to wet snow later today. Old man Winter has a single finger up and he's not counting to one!

Unfortunately, the weather can't stop our plans for today. It is Wednesday and that means we need to go to the church and get our work done and then stay for choir. I hate that our folks have to get out in this but that is the way it is. Hopefully the temperature will stay above they freezing point as predicted and the snow won't stick.

The rain hasn't dampened the spirit of that Robin that is hopping all over the yard. It's pulling worms up left and right. Nor has the rain stopped the rest of my fine feathered friends. The cardinals, finches and woodpeckers are all here for breakfast. So far the blackbirds are not here, but I suspect they will be in another hour or less.

The wind has been and will continue to be stiff today. Once again I have twigs and dead branches down from the poplar tree. God is doing a marvelous job of trimming all of that stuff out for us this winter. I just hope I don't get hit by one of them when I'm out there. Some of them are substantial. When the rain has stopped, as it has at the moment, and you can hear the slight wind blowing and the Corinthian chimes ringing, it is quitely peaceful and can just lull you back to so closed eyelids. We have two sets hanging in the pussy willow tree and I absolutely love to hear them. Their sound is quite melodic and pure. The church I grew up attending has a set of Corinthian Bells that play every fifteen minutes and then strike the hour. One can hear them for a long way and it is beautiful.

I didn't have to wait long -- the blackbirds are here en masse. I could hear them coming by all of their clacking and noise. They flutter down and they fly away and repeat the process continually until by some signal --- they all leave. It is interesting to watch.

Ms. Kate and I both had highly productive days yesterday. She has been doing "spring house cleaning" and has turned this place upside down. Bless her heart. The place looks so good. The only danger zone is her office. She has so much craft stuff in there from her scrapbooking and her greeting card making that I'm afraid the floor might give way. I don't know how she finds anything but it meets her needs. But --- she needs about three times the space that she has.

I'm out of thoughts for today except for prayers for you and me. I pray you will feel the power of the love of Jesus Christ today. If and when you do, I pray you will share that love with someone else. Life is too short to walk around with anything less than love in your heart. You never know when life may end and you wouldn't want your last living thought to be on the wrong side of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment