Thursday, February 4, 2016

Welcome to another Thursday. It's another chance to wrap things up and get ready for a weekend, with this weekend being Super Bowl weekend. I reckon we know what most American household television sets will be tuned to on Sunday afternoon; --- that's right; The Puppy Bowl!!!

It is 34 degrees outside at the moment and only going up to 39 today. There are slim streaks of blue sky barely peeking through the clouds. It looks cold, feels cold, and is cold out there. It's even chilly out here in the sunporch. I have the doors open to the house and we do have one vent from the furnace coming out here and it helps some. I should buy a wall thermometer some time and hang it out here. I'll bet it is at least ten degrees cooler out here than it is in the house. Were I going to nap out here I'd drop my light blanket over me.

I count at least a dozen cardinals out there in the bushes and trees and at the feeders this morning. The ground is alive with a bevy of small birds hopping around under feeders cleaning up dropped seed, Goldfinches, sparrows, junkos, chick-a-dees, titmouse, and nut hatches all fly back and forth to the feeders and on the ground. One Downy woodpecker is having barkbutter for breakfast and a little suet to go with it. So far the squirrels haven't shown up to disrupt the peace and harmony.

There is nothing on the agenda today which most likely means we got a lot to do. I know we have some running around to do because we didn't get it all done yesterday. But, I did get out for a visitation at the hospital and we got the bulletins run for this Sunday and for Ash Wednesday. And we made choir practice. The cantata for Easter is coming along, albeit slowly. We have most of the songs down but there are a couple that are really tough and more complicated than we are used to. We still have time to get them right but we have had an inconsistent attendance at practice because of the weather. But --- I have faith it will all turn out right with God's help.

I started my morning off with a texting chat with daughter Heather. I woke up thinking about her upcoming wedding and had questions about the ceremony. Being a planner, I get antsy when I don't know the answers about who is doing what etc and since I'm conducting the wedding, there are things that I need to know. This is a second marriage for Heather and this time I'm not walking her down the aisle; that honor is reserved for her son Jon, and her daughter Lauren is going to be her Maid of Honor. But with the wedding being in California and all of the rest of us not being in California,, theere is a lot of coordination that needs to be done. But, I'll turn off my afterburners and cool my jets. It will all be fine. This wedding isn't nearly as complicated as when youngest daughter Lisa got married. Lisa was in the Air Force, stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB, NC; her fiancé Gary was in the Army, stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC; Julie was living in Massachessetts, Heather was in college in Illinois, We were living in California, and BTW, Ms. Kate was making all of the table decorations and flower arrangements for the wedding; her maid of honor was living in Texas,and the wedding was held at the church Ms. Kate and I had been married in here in Evansville, IN. If it hadn't been for my very patient and saintly mother-in-law acting as coordinator and chief run around person -- I have no idea how it would have gotten done. Granny certainly earned her angel wings.

I think I need to make another pot of coffee so I'm done telling my tales for today. I hope your day is filled with spiritual sunshine even if the actual sun never pops through. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment