Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Good Wednesday morning! Did you survive the storm from last night or are you somewhere and still going through it. That was something else. All I can say is that Ms. Kate sure picked the wrong time to send me out to the store for hamburger buns! LOL; it is only a mile down to the little gas station where I figured I could get some real quick. When I left the house it was "misting" a little. Well, the gas station didn't have any so I decided to drive a couple of miles up the road to the next gas station; --- no luck, and by this time it was "drizzling. So, I drove on a mile farther to the Dollar General store and picked up my hamburger buns and headed back home. By the time I got back to the first gas station, it was pouring and lightning and blowing. It was blowing so hard that it was next to impossible to see the road because theere was so much water on it. Traffic was down to ten miles an hour, and being on a country road, there was no place to pull off, so I kept on trucking until I got home, safe and sound. Thank you Lord for protecting fools!.

So, I've surveyed the yard this morning and we are none the worse for wear. I had a couple of dead branches in the yard that I quickly cleaned up. The good news is that the bird bath got filled back up from the rain. And --- I was going to have to rake the yard again to get all of the residual winter stuff out of it but -- God washed it clean for me. And this morning it is forty three degrees and it is a beautiful bright sunny day, at least to start with.

Ms. Kate and I had a great call from our granddaughter, Lauren last night. We were both thrilled to talk to her. It is something that just doesn't happen often enough. Lauren is our 17 year old professional motor-cross motorcycle rider. She has started riding in a new kind of event and wanted to tell us about it. It is called "Worc" racing. I have no idea if Worc is an acronym and neither does she. But it is off road racing and is a six mile track through all kinds of terrain. I've Googgled it and it looks scary as heck but she says it's totally safe. I reminded her that she is supposed to be the Maid of Honor for her mom's wedding in April and a Bridesmaid's dress won't fit well over a body cast! So, she promises to be careful.

We have several things to do today; it is Wednesday after-all and we all know that is my "busy" day. We have a few places to go to pick stuff up for an event we are planning and then we are off to the churches this afternoon for the weekly run of the bulletins and then we'll stay for choir. I should also go by one of the hospitals and check on the husband of one of our parishioners. He is really in bad shape and is recovering surgery for a perforated colon. His recovery is going to be long. So, with all of that on the plate, I should get busy. Ms. Kate has laundry going since early so that makes me the slug-bug today.

I'm lifting up all the folks caught in the storms and even tornados south of us. I haven't heard of any deaths involved with it but certainly people are standing around wondering what they are going to do with a destroyed home. I give thanks we were spared any of that and I pray for peace for those that were involved. I'm lifting up the folks on our prayer list this morning and all prayer list. May God bring healing and peace to those in distress. Gods is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment