Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy beautiful Wednesday morning! I'm sorry I missed you guys yesterday morning. But there is nothing like meeting with a bunch of preachers to start off your Tuesday morning. Some folk do like to hear themselves talk and the meeting went on for awhile. Our guest speaker had an interesting subject although not much was relevant to our two churches. Then another pastor gave an interesting talk about his church which could have been a lot better had not two or three of the other posters continue to ask questions and drag everything out; with each seemingly trying to demonstrate their personal brilliance. Blah, blah, blah; I hate it when people sit there and pontificate and try to "out-holy" one another.

The back yard is a blur again this morning. Our temperature is 14 degrees at the moment and we have a dusting to an inch of snow. The grackles and the red-winged black birds and starlings are here in mega-flocks again today. They were all day yesterday too. They have cleaned out most of the feeders and I'm not going to re-fill them until this bit a snow melts because then they will move back to the fields where they belong. If they are of any benefit, I guess they should have most of the residual seed gathered up from the ground by now. Yesterday there were several flocks of hundreds of them overshadowing the entire area. I don't know if they are migrating or what; but the aviary kitchen just closed til further notice. I feel for the cardinals and the other birds because these blackbirds bully everything else away just by their numbers.

We were supposed to have choir practice last night as a replacement for tonight. But Ms. Kate and I started up to the churches and traffic was next to a standstill due to the snow and snow covered roads. It was dark enough that we couldn't tell if the pavement was wet, dry, or covered with black-ice. So, we turned around and came back home. I'm hoping the roads clear off today because we have the Ash Wednesday service tonight.

I also got a call yesterday morning just as I was getting ready to head to my meeting, from a friend who wanted me to do the funeral for her ex-husband. Their relationship is complicated and no one's business, but she loves him with all her heart and she's a friend. So, I need to get his funeral written today today. It will be Friday morning. And, -- I need to finish my sermon for the 21st of February. That's only ten days away.

The cardinals are looking brilliant again this morning in the bright sun, and they are my reminder of the ever present goodness of God. As cold and snowy as it is out there, the warmth of the love of God is all need. Trust in that and all else will be fine. Have a blessed day. Take time to do something nice  for someone today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment