Monday, February 8, 2016

Cold --- grey --- Monday! That's two four letter words describing today. It could be worse and will be, when we add that other four letter word; snow! Yep, winter has returned for a week's visit after a couple of really nice days. Isn't it amazing how quickly we grab on to those really nice days.

Well, I just came back in from out there. I've filled all of them feeders. The wind is really whipping out of the north and there are light snow flakes in the air. We are predicted for less than inch of the white dry fluffy stuff. The Corinthian chimes are singing loud and clear this morning. As I wrap my hands around this warm cup of coffee and look out --- it just "looks cold". I actually had a finch land on one of the feeders as I hung it back up, and it took the first squirrel about two minutes to come down from a tree and get on a feeder. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have to re-fill everything by Thursday. The Magnificaant Seven, (my group of Cardinals) are all here for breakfast now and old Mr. Fuss-a-lot the bluejay is making racket for some unknown reason. I think it just likes to hear itself. I do get a lot of joy just sitting here watching the micro-world in my back yard.

We had a blessed weekend. Julie and her pupperoni Auggie came over on Friday. Jim had an orientation for work at Lowes, which he didn't get to because his truck wouldn't start; but that's the way things go. I assume he can make to another one. It is a part time job but he needs it. At any rate, we had a nice visit with Julie. All three of my daughter's are fun to be around. Saturday I had a class to attend in the morning which was interesting. It was on how one of our churches in the area went about developing their vision statement. Yesterday of course was Sunday; and Ms. Kate and Julie and I went out for lunch at out favorite resturant. Then she took off for home and Ms. Kate and did some work around the house and then it was Super Bowl time. I thought it was a great game; especially since thee Broncos won the game. I'm not a big Bronco fan but we are real Peyton Manning fans and have been ever since he started playing for the Colts. The Manning family is just a great bunch of people.

We've moved this week's choir practice up a day because we have the Ash Wednesday service on Wednesday night. So tomorrow I have my monthly Pastor's circle meeting and then choir tomorrow evening. I still have another half of a page or so to write to complete this week's sermon and need to get busy on next week's service. So sitting here, listening to my Gaither Gospel Homecoming CD and watching my birds, while very relaxing and peaceful --- isn't getting the wheelbarrow filled. So, it is time to sign this off with prayers for a world of peace and prayers that your day will be filled with nothing but good things. C' ya'.

No comments:

Post a Comment