Saturday, February 13, 2016

It is a beautiful 16 degree morning! There is a slight breeze which only drops the windchill factor down to about four degrees. Most of the snow we had has melted or maybe evaporated in the cold woud be a better term. We are predicted for another round of it tomorow afternoon and night. Again, I think it is supposed t be just enough to make the roads slick.

I've had a good morning with my aviary friends today. The popular place is of course the birdbath. I've had a lot of birds to it and a couple of squirrels have come and gotten a drink. The yard yesterday was constantly full of black birds and starlings. I'm very surprised there is any bird feed left out there but there seems to be. Where yesterday there was a constant seventy five or more in the yard, today I've had a few small flocks of black birds fly in, grab a bite or two and then fly off. The Robin has been here most of the morning hopping around in the yard and then coming up for a drink. At least it hasn't gotten down in the water and tried to take a bath this morning.

Yesterday turned into a resting day for Ms. Kate and me. I'm trying to stave off a cold and my meds kept me a little drowsy most of the day. Ms. Kate had gotten up at 0430 yesterday for some unknown reason so she needed a nap too. Today we will put on our warm coats and go do a little banking and then go to Office Depot. She's out of black ink for her printer and I just put in my last spare cartridge in mine. So, we might as week get some. We need to go up to our favorite butcher shop and place an order but it is Saturday and they are always packed on Saturday. It can wait until Monday.

I talked to Julie this morning and she said that Jim was on his way to Lowe's for his orientation for his new job. It will be part time but since he has a full time job, that's fine. What is cool about his orientation though is that they have to do an in-store scavenger hunt as part of their orientation. I think that is a great way to teach new employees where the merchandise is located. Now Iknow their secret. I've always been fairly impressed by Lowe's employees knowing what aisle to send me to. Julie says she does the same thing with her new student helpers. She give them a list of books to find and pull. It is a two step benefit. They learn where the different books are and she ends up getting student orders pulled and filled. Pretty smart of her.

This Sunday is Valentine's Day. I didn't buy Ms. Kate anything but I did find a nice card for her and we will go out to eat after the church council meeting on Sunday. Of course, we go out to eat every Sunday after church so ---- no big thing there. But, in that this is our 53rd Valentine's Day, --- we gotten past the need for trinkets or stuff for the sake of buying something. We've gotten to the TNS&W stage and it's pretty great. For you novices, --- that's Touch, Nod, Smile, and Wink. When the mere presence of your spouse or significant other causes one or more of those reactions from you --- You have arrived at a mature relationship.

I better jump off of my IPad and get busy. The banks close by eleven on Saturdays and I've been sitting here enjoying life for two and a half hours. It's time to get moving. I hope your weekend is blessed and I hope you take time out for worship of the God who has created you and provided for you.  Think kind thoughts and do something for yourself and someone else today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment