Saturday, February 20, 2016

I don't now the last time we had 57 degrees in the morning, and going to 72 today. And unlike yesterday, the world isn't blowing away in the wind. It is just a beautiful sun shiny morning. I think I must get outside today at some point. The ground is soggy still from melting and tonight rain isn't going to help that any. For sure I have to go out and fill all of the feeders again and I also need to do a yard sweep to get all of the dead limbs and twigs that have come out of the poplar trees this week because of the wind. My pile is getting taller and when it gets warmer I need to load up the truck and take all of this stuff out to Kevin's farm and dump it in the woods. Actually, I wish I had a fire pit and could just burn it in that. It would make a nice wiener roasting fire. But, I don't have a place to build a fire pit. Often I just pull the trash can around and break the stuff up into small pieces and let the trash man haul it off. I might do that again but it will take a few weeks to get rid of it at that rate.

The girls, Ms. Kate, and I are all on the net this morning holding a conversation. The group is called "The Committee" and we do this routinely. I love it. It's like sitting around the kitchen table visiting and I don't have to drive. We've been talking most of the morning; we come and we go and we join back in the conversation. Thank you technology.

I've been also sitting here watching my birds, playing my computer games on my IPad and listening to Alan Jackson on the Bose. I was up until 0100 this morning simply because I was busy watching YouTube videos of the Gaither Homecoming Concerts. I hadn't planned to stay up that long but next thing I knew it was 0100. That happens frequently. last night I watched a George Strait show called The Cowboy Rides. Away. I think it was a farewell program before he starts a one year hiatus. I really enjoyed it.

It would appear that the family is all ready to get busy with their respective day and even Alan Jackson is on the last song of this album so I guess I better quit too and get productive. God has provided an excellent day; don't forget to give God praise for a day like this. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment