Tuesday, February 2, 2016

That is a cold rain out there this morning. I wasn't out too long but long enough to fill the feeders with sunflower seed. It is forty one degrees which isn't bad except that the air is heavy with moisture when it isn't raining and as I said when it does rain, it's a cold rain. I got caught in a a light shower. But --- the groundhog didn't see its shadow and the forecaster says that spring will be early.

Other than that; --- Welcome to Tuesday, the second of February. I'm sitting here watching a backyard full of birds this morning. The word went out on the aviary email system that the feeders are full I guess. My guests this morning are mostly a few cardinals and a lot of various finches and sparrows. The squirrels haven't moved in yet but they are out there running through the neighbor's trees. They will be in here within the hour. By that time most of the birds will have had their morning feed. We are in for a wild weather day with severe storms predicted for late this afternoon and a wind advisory all day. It isn't too bad yet with the wind but that may be why the small birds are here eating  now, the they can hunker down for shelter during the storms. God takes care of the least of his creatures as well as God takes care of us. I also notice and hear that the geese are moving north this morning. I've heard several flocks overhead, honking as they go.

I met with my Association's Committee on Ministry last evening. It was a good meeting, (if there is such a thing). The process is that a couple of the members of the Committee on Ministry meet and interview each Licensed Minister and generally discuss how we are doing and what we feel we might need from the committee that might be of help in our ministry. Then we are certified and licensed for another year. The good thing about the process for me is that I am now cleared to officiate my daughter Heather's wedding in April with the committee's blessing. I figured there would be no problem but one never knows for sure. But, I had done my homework and went in prepared with the documentation showing the requirements from California which is where the wedding is taking place.   So, now that that part is taken care of, all we got to do is finish planning our trip.

Ms. Kate and I have a bit of running around to do today before the storms hit but we may re-evaluate that and just wait until tomorrow. Mostly it is going to be a writing day for me. I'm working on my February 14th service and no --- I'm not doing it about Valentine's Day. I did that many years ago and while the facts surrounding Father Valentine are interesting --- they aren't necessarily worth repeating again.

My coffee cup is empty and I must refill it. The squirrels are all here and the chase has begun as they bully one another off of feeders. The Robin is here hopping all over the yard snatching up worms and life is just a bunch of good stuff. Think good thoughts today and let your heart be filled with joy. I put a thought in the church bulletin a couple of weeks ago that said: "Worry is just believing that God won't get it right!" ------ I hope you know that God always gets it right! Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment