Thursday, February 18, 2016

It would be absolutely wrong of me not to start this day off with a prayer of gratitude for that beautiful cloudless blue sky out there. It's going up to the low fifties today and what a great thing that is after nine straight days of cold and gloomy and snowy and rainy. I know that God makes all of our days but this is the kind of day I'll bet the Psalmist David was having when he wrote, "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Yesterday, as projected, was a busy one but we managed to get almost everything on the list accomplished. It ws really a good day for my visitation. I ws able to share communion with seven people. It has been a long time since I have been able to do that. That is a good thing because it means we haven't had anybody home bound and unable to come to church to receive communion at church. And those couple of folks who were unable to receive communion are or were mentally unable to understand what it would have been about, so I just prayed with them. I don't know how other pastor's handle it, but I don't serve communion to people who have no idea what you are trying to give them or understand what you are saying to them. But, like I said, I do sit and pray for them.

Ms. Kate got all of the bulletins run and folded while I was out doing visitation. Then we stayed around for choir practice which I think went very well. I really like the cantata we are doing for Easter. It is quasi-operatic and has some beautiful music. I need to get busy and put together a narration to go with it. The cantata is one we pulled out of the bottom drawer. I think they last did it in the sixties or seventies. There are some scriptures typed up on some small pieces of paper attached to the book that I have. Maybe they used that as narrative back then; I just don't know. I just need to look at it.

We need to still make our small grocery run today. We're also getting some housework done today; changing sheets on the beds, mopping bathrooms and kitchen; stuff like that. All three of our girls are coming in next week and we need to spruce up the place. It will be a whirlwind trip for them and us but we are so looking forward to it. There will be little time and lots of discussion about Heather's April wedding.

I don't have a lot of backyard visitors today. I can hear the blackbirds off in the trees so I suspect they will be floating down out of the trees shortly. While we are out today, I guess I will pick up some black oil sunflower seed. My container holds 100 pounds and I'm down to about 30 pounds left in it. Hopefully the weather will continue to improve and these freeloader blackbirds and starlings will move on. That will reduce the amout of birdfood I have to go through immensely. I also need to go by Wildbirds and Things for some of my other kinds of food.

So,  it is time for me to get busy, the day awaits and there is work to be done. I hope that your Thursday is just the best one you have ever had! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment