Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Wow, it's Wednesday already; mid-week and only two days left in the year. It is also bulletin day at the church and a day of catching up on some other stuff. My morning began with notification that the oldest member of our parish, Ms. Charlotte, passed away this morning. She was 102 years old, faithful to God, and put her trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. I think that is about as high of a compliment that I could give her. I hope that when I pass that people will say that about me. She will be missed.

Yesterday I managed to start and finish my sermon and worship service for next week. I very seldom can sit down and put all of that together in one day. I reckon God had checked the calendar of today's events, saw that Ms. Charlotte was coming home and knew I'd need funeral prep time. I love it when God puts a plan in motion.

I have a bunch of woodpeckers this morning nibbling at the bark butter feeders. The cardinals are coming back and forth and even a mocking bird is trying to challenge the woodpeckers for a bite or two. The big red-headed woodpeckers are having none of that from the mocking bird. We had a bevy of small birds out here a while ago but right now the back yard is empty. I don't even see any squirrels up in any of the trees. So, it is just me, Montovani playing on my new Bose Christmas present, and a warm cup of coffee enjoying the serenity of the morning. It's cold out but there is no wind to speak of so there is even peace in that.

I'm going to make this short today so I can get started on Ms. Charlotte's funeral service. I generally put a lot of work into a funeral because it is that last thing thata I can do for that person. I try to make them personal and a celebration (a way over-used term when referring to funerals) of their life.

So, I leave you today with prayers that you will have a blessed day and that you will take the time to feel the presence of God as God surrounds you with love and grace. Until our next time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment