Friday, December 18, 2015

The cardinal is sitting on the birdbath with the sun illuminating its red color. It has its head cocked to the side as it looks through the glass door at me as if to say; "you do realize that this water is mostly iced over, don't you?" And, --- yes it is; however, when it dipped its beak in the water, it came up dripping. So, unless there is an unscheduled pool party that I'm not aware of this morning, it can just stop the attitude. As if that isn't bad enough, Mr. Fuss-a-lot the blue-jay is hacking because the peanut feeder only has about an inch of peanuts left in it, and the red headed woodpecker went to the only bark butter paste feeder that was empty and fussed about that. Boy, God turns the heat down outside and everybody got cranky.  I guess I will go out afterwhile and fill all of the feeders again.

Our youngest grandson, Jon, turned 15 today. He and his mom have tickets to the new Star Wars movie in one of those new luxury theaters where you sit in a recliner and order dinner. Heather pre-bought the tickets a couple of months ago so he could see the opening on his birthday. We have one of those theaters here in town too and had hoped to get tickets for today so we could "share the experience", but it is completely sold out until Tuesday. So I bought tickets for lunch time on Tuesday and Ms. Kate and I will have a "day-date" with lunch and a movie. Yeah, we are a couple of romantic old farts! We've been married almost fifty years and are still dating.

Christmas is one week from today! Ms. Kate's birthday is a week from yesterday on Christmaas Eve. Julie and Jim will be over on Wednesday evening, I think, and then they will head back home on Saturday. She has to get things ready for the upcoming Rush at the university. So next week will be busy, and then the dulldrums will set in as the world settles down with a brand new year. Ms. Kate and I still have one small item to pick up and our white elephant gifts for the party this weekend. That was on the list of things to do yesterday but we never got around to it. That's because we spent on much time just being lazy around here while Ms. Kate got past her jet lag and travels. It was an enjoyable restful day.

The next door neighbor to the north is having a new roof put on today. I don't know where they found the crew that is doing the work, but ---- I haven't heard a word of English yet. Still, --- that is preferable to the constant stream of profanity we heard from the last crew that worked on that roof. I think these folks are the fourth family that has lived in that house in the fourteen years we have lived here and that I'd the fourth roof that has been put on. It is one of those odd shaped "mansard" roofs and they don't seem t be able to put on a roof that doesn't leak or blow off. Better them than me. Hopefully this roof will last.

Well, -- I've read my email, played my computer games, had my breakfast and coffee, and had my devotions all from this chair this morning; and now must finish this up and get ready to meet the day. Bird feeders are waiting to be filled, and last minute shopping needs to be done. Have a great day where ever you are or whatever you are doing. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment