Thursday, December 10, 2015

It sure is quiet around here with Ms. Kate gone. That is only noticeable because usually she would be in her office and I'd be out here in the sunporch and we would be having any conversation anyway. But --- her absence just makes the house empty.

Happy Thursday! It is a warm day and the sun is kind of shining through a layer of high clouds. I went out earlier and filled the bark-butter feeders for the woodpeckers and others that like that stuff. It was cool enough to warrant a sweatshirt. There is a fairly brisk breeze on and off today.

So, Ms. Kate had a good flight and they got to Las Vegas safely. She called last night and was excited about a fellow passenger that sat across the aisle from her. She said she recognized him as someone famous but had no idea who. There were a lot of country western types on her plane and she said everyone of them that came through stopped and talked to this guy. During the flight people would come up to him and talk and others would pass him notes and he'd sign them. She said he was nice to everyone etc. When they landed, she pointed him out to Karen at the baggage area and they still didn't know who he was. Long story, -- short --- he was the lead singer from Alabama. They saw his picture in the advertisements  and Alabama is playing out there this weekend.  So, she was "riding in the clouds and sitting next to a star".

I don't have a planned agenda for today. I'll probably go down and work on a sermon for awhile. I got a lot of work done yesterday at the churches, so I'm a little bit ahead there. Last night was choir practice and we only have one more before we do the Christmas program. A couple of the songs are still a tad rough and we'll have to work them out next week at dress rehearsal. Then, it will be what it will be. I just appreciate all of the hard work that our choir puts in. As soon as the new year starts, it will be time to work on Easter. Easter comes early this year, March 27th I think. That doesn't give us much time, especially if the cantata is difficult. I don't want to mention it to them yet because they might just shoot me!

I guess it is time to get out of my chair and do something. As I do though I need to stop and give my prayers for the morning. I give thanks that Ms. Kate had a good flight and made it there safely. I know she and Karen will have a good time this week. I also lift up my sister this mornings she faces the holidays alone for the first time in 50 years. Those "firsts" are the toughest. I ask for God's comfort for her and the family. I ask for strength for for daughter Julie as they work through some issues at work etc. And, I give thanks that grand daughter Lauren made it through her wisdom teeth extraction in fine stead. Prayer is great --- Valium is quicker.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment