Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas to all my friends and loved ones. The rush is all over for the season around the country at least until tomorrow when the "take it back" lines form and the after Christmas sales bring in the throngs of people wanting to get the "really good deals". Over the years we have met people that did all of their Christmas shopping for the next year during these sales. They assume of course that whomever they are giving to will still be alive, and will not have changed sizes or taste. I guess there is a method to their madness ; I just find it redonkulous!

I just got a news flash on my IPad that the local police and coast guard are in the process of a water rescue because someone has jumped from the bridge across the Ohio River. How sad is that? But it happens so very often.

The Christmas Eve services went well. We didn't have a large crowd at either church; maybe forty - forty five a each church. But, as one parishioner wrote on Facebook; there is just something about a candlelight worship service and singing Silent Night. We had communion at each service which I think makes it special too. Ms. Kate and I have a lot of "Thank-You" cards to write and send out for the gifts we received from parishioners. I hope to get those written and sent out no later than Monday.  In the mean time, I still have a sermon to write. I'm good for this coming Sunday but the following week is still running around in my head and not on paper. I never understand how I can be ahead one minute and behind the next. I thought I was a better time manager than that. But that's the way way when you live from one suspense to the next. Any project manager knows the feeling well.

Well, as much as I am enjoying sitting here enjoying writing and listening to Christmas Carols on my brand new Bose Blue Tooth portable speaker --- there are things to get accomplished. I may start in the living room and tear down a bunch of cardboard for the recycle. When you get suff from Amazon --- they do box it well. So my recycle bin will be filled quickly again today.

I hope your day is full of Christmas joy. God has sent God's Son to earth for the very express purpose of bringing us all salvation from our sinful way of life. Presents don't come any better than that! Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment