Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Good Wednesday morning. I'm up way too early, --- but that is the way it always is on "travel day". I'm not traveling but Ms. Kate is. I need to have her up to her sister's house at 0900 and they will take off for Nashville, TN. There they will catch a flight to Las Vegas; --- and once again the Wild Women will be on the loose!

So, I'm on my own for the next week; but don't think I'll be starving or eating out every meal. Ms. Kate always fixes enough ahead of these trips. I seldom go out to eat when she is gone. And, --- I know how to cook, I just don't normally because why would I want to eat my attempts when I can eat her successes?

Yesterday morning I attended our local denomination's Tri-State Association Christmas gathering. We had a social  hour with breakfast and then a very short meeting, and then worship with Holy Communion. It was a nice event and was well attended. I have been asked to fill the position of Vice President of this Association temporarily through May. I reluctantly agreed although there are few things I dislike doing more than bureaucracy and meetings. Lord only knows what I've gotten myself into.

Today, of course, is Wednesday and that means run bulletins day and choir this evening. It will take me a little longer since Ms. Kate won't be there to help me. When she goes with me, she does about 70% of the work and she is pretty quick with it. All those years as a secretary have paid off and now she can work for free. I don't think that was the career progression she had in mind.

This morning I will get the Christmas packages in the mail and on their way to their destinations. Ms. Kate spent a hurried evening last night getting everything ready for the mail box. If I get ready in time, we can drop the stuff off at the post office on the way to Karen's house. If not, I'll do it on the way back home.

I'm up before most of the birds get here this morning. They will start arriving about the time I get back from dropping Ms. Kate off. It looks like I need to fill the feeders agin this morning. Several of them are empty. I've said iti before, I'll say it again; --- they are a bunch of flying pigs.

I'm offering up prayers for safe travel for Ms. Kate and her sister today and through the next week. I hope they have a good week of "sister time". It's important to both of them. I also offer up prayers of gratitude for the blessings I've received in constant flow. God is so good and I am overwhelmed by His grace. I pray you will have a greart day!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment