Monday, December 14, 2015

It is a misty, messy, Monday; not that the cardinals and other birds seem to mind. The wind has been strong all night but I am pleased that I only have a couple of small branches down. It won't take more than a stroll through the yard to clean that up once the wind stops. The wind is bringing in a cold front and our string of sixty and seventy degree days has come to an end. We should be in actual December weather at around thirty degrees by week's end. And --- it should be getting colder, after all, we are only ten days from Christmas Eve.

I had a good Sunday. The services were fairly well attended and then last evening was the Christmas Party at my St. Lucas Church. It was very well attended and there was so much food! Santa came to the party and as usual the kids were really excited about that. Our Santa does a really good job and the kids all took to him even though a couple were a little hesitant at first. This coming Saturday will be the Christmas party at St. Paul's. It has an entirely different flavor to it. No Santa comes because we don't have but a couple of kids. The people bring in a dish and then we play "MERRY CHRISTMAS Bingo". It is called by different names but it is where people get a present and other people can steal it. They have "held this same party" for as long as I have been there. It's like Deja vue   But it's tradition and there is a lot to be said for tradition. What is fun about the Bingo every year is that there is always some package, that for some reason, everybody seems to gravitate to and steal. And, with a $5.00 limit on spending, you know it can't be much. But, it is all in the wrapping I guess.

I haven't heard from Ms. Kate yet but then it is just past 0730 in her time zone so she is probably still snoozing. I don't blame her, I'd most likely be sleeping too.

I don't have a lot on my schedule today although I do need to go do a little running around. We are trying to find a source for new front doors at our St. Paul's church. What we have are aluminum doors with large plate glass. There are cracks in a couple of them, the seals are no longer good, and someone decided to put a couple of pellet holes in them from the highway. Our project person has made some calls to places but no one returns her calls. I have a couple of ideas for a source down here in town and I am going to check them out today. So, I better unseat the recliner and get myself busy. I also still have a half of a sermon to write hat has been left dangling on my computer.

Think good thoughts today, say a prayer and give God glory. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment