Thursday, December 3, 2015

I think it is time to start thinking winter thoughts, (what ever those might be). It is 29 degrees this morning and there is a heavy frost out there. Last night we finished up choir practice about 1930 and headed home. We went through two different bands of wintry mix of snow and sleet and rain that was blowing so hard we had to really slow down to see. But -- the further south toward home we got ---- nothing. Such is the life in southern Indiana. I'm just glad I picked up the chains for my John Deere lawn tractor yesterday.

Today is dental cleaning day and Ms. Kate has a an appointment to get a permanent this afternoon. I should probably go get a haircut myself while she is at the beauty parlor. Our places for this kind of stuff are in the same basic parking lot. My hair doesn't look bad yet but it is long for me. A life time of military cut will certainly fashion what you think your hair should look like. Although, in the early 70's I had long hair  and I admit, I looked like a dork; although I didn't think so at the time. It went well with my leisure suit! LOL

The country had yet another mass shooting event yesterday. There are too many unknowns for me to speculate on why etc. but it breaks my heart that our society has gotten to the point that people think it is acceptable to just go kill people because they are angry. In San Bernadino, there were 14 people killed and at least that many wounded. In Savannah Georgia, another workplace violence occured at the same time and a person went in and killed three people. People riot and demonstrate in the streets because their feelings are hurt or because a young thug is killed by the police while breaking the law --- and yet have no problem with mass killings. This makes the 315th mass shooting in this country according to a report that I just read. (I'm not sure what their definition of "mass" is.) But, it seems that we have raised a generation of people that are totally self absorbed  and concerned only about their opinions and their feelings. They have no concept of compromise and or prayerful discussion. The weaker minded can't seem to see a difference between killing on an X=Box and real society. And yes, I know that is a terrible generalization of society; ---- but people doing good for one another doesn't make the news.

So, this morning, I again lift up the families of all of those who were injured and killed due to the violence of a couple of sick people. I ask God to intervene in some way to stop the violence in this country and in this world. I ask you to join me in prayer because I'm positive that God is the answer. I have confidense that eventually love and human kindness will win out in the end. However I aalso remember that it took four hundred of prayer before God sent Moses to Egypt. I pray God won't wait so long to answer our prayers for peace. Have a blessed day. Go hug your neighbor. Go hug your loved ones. Go out and smile at a stranger today. Peace begins with you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment