Tuesday, December 29, 2015

It was hard to believe, but I actually saw blue sky this morning. Ok, it was only a small patch and it went away quickly, but it was there. I think that is the first we have seen since last Friday. It actually brightened my day, although I admit that most everyday I have starts off bright. I'm convinced we determine what kind of day we are going to have as soon as we open our eyes to consciousness. I've always heard about "getting out on the wrong side of the bed", and I try to have only "right sides" to my bed.

I began my day by going out and filling fourteen bird feeders as I had promised I would when it stopped raining. We got over four inches here. Indications are that we won't see anymore rain for a week. I guess that means we won't see any rain for the rest of the year! That sounds a bit ominous doesn't it. But the yard was dry enough to walk around in without leaving tracks etc. The birds have come quickly this morning to the feeders. I had a downy woodpecker practically land on the feeder as I was hanging it back up. Since then, the cardinals, titmouse, finches, woodpeckers, and nut hatches have all been here. I think they are keeping it a secret from the squirrels until they get their fill because so far, I have only seen one squirrel and a BB hurried along its exodus. But that won't keep them away for long.

The sun is now breaking through the clouds and is brightening up the back yard. It goes just perfect with my cup of coffee and my round-house of cookies on the plate beside me. I fixed Ms. Kate and I each a plate of cookies consisting of a couple of each of the kinds she made last week. So, I'm sitting here eating oatmeal chocolate chip crisp cookies, Springerlies, peanut butter with Hershey's kisses on them, and the last two of the snicker-doodles with my coffee; all while I listen to the Boston Pops and John Williams play all of the Movie themes that Williams has written. Many years ago, as in about 1987, Ms. Kate and I went to see the Boston Pops when we were stationed at Hanscom Air Force Base. I remember it for two reasons; first of course is that it was a great concert, and secondly, because I was in big trouble with Ms. Kate. I had gone deep sea fishing that day and barely made it back to base in time to catch the bus that was taking us all to the concert. I probably still smelled like fish as we sat there drinking our champaign at the concert hall. Yes, --- in our fifty years I have had a few less than sterling moments. LOL.

My cookies are all gone and my coffee cup is half empty. Time to get busy. I finished my sermon for this week last night but today I need to work on the one for next week. But first I have prayers to lift up; so I am going to end this here. Rest assured that you will have been prayed for today. Thought you just might want to know. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment