Wednesday, December 23, 2015

There are storms brewing this morning and we are under a tornado watch until 1700 hours. It stands to reason though; with weather this warm on December 23rd in the Midwest part of the country; there has to be storms. So my prayer this morning includes a prayer for safe passage of the storm so that no one loses their life or home.

The house smells wonderful again this morning. There are containers of freshly baked cookies sitting around the kitchen and dining room. I've had a good share of "samples" and can attest to the quality and deliciousness of each batch. There are more in the refrigerator to bake this morning.

Ms. Kate and I went to see th new Star Wars movie yesterday and I am glad to report that as far as I am concerned --- it is as good as the original franchise. The new "luxury theater" was nice too. The seats were comfortable and the service from the waiter was good too. It was very much like sitting in my family room watching a movie except the screen was fifty feet wide and the sound immersed you.  The matinee price of $11.00 a ticket was well worth the price especially for a first run blockbuster movie.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and it is also Ms. Kate's birthday. The gift I ordered, which she said she wanted, finally arrived yesterday. As for Christmas Eve, --- with this weather, I have never felt less "Christmassy" in my life. As you know, I'm not a fan of snow; but a good frost and some temperatures below forty degrees would at least makes it feel a bit more like Christmas. But, I'm careful what I wish for. With an early Easter this coming year (March 27th) we could easily have a foot of snow on the ground then. I guess I just need to tthe Christmas Carols on , turn the lights on there on the trees and chill out. Julie's and Jim and the pups are coming this evening and it will be great to spend Christmas with them. They will be here tomorrow and Friday and head home on Saturday. Mid-week holidays liked this really confuse my schedule.

I went out and filled the the bark butter paste feeders this morning first thing. Right away the woodpeckers started coming is=n. I've had a half dozen cardinals here most of the morning too as well a a slew of the little birds including a nuthatch couple that have been feeding on peanuts most of the morning. The squirrels are a lively bunch this morning and have run races around the yard and over my house and through the trees all morning. Their energy level is simply amazing.

It is time to quit for the day and sit and give thanks for my blessings once again, I am so blessed to be able to live the life I have. I know I owe it all to God and the ways He has guided my life. For that I am eternally grateful. I hope you take time today to bask in the blessings God has given you today.

Until next time, --- I hold you in my prayers. God is good; all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment