Saturday, December 12, 2015

And the week comes to a close with a beautiful warm Saturday morning. It seems impossible that it could be 68 degrees already this morning, but it is. The sun is shining but there is a high layer of clouds that promises to thicken as the day goes on. The sidewalks and grass etc are wet this morning. I'm not sure what that is all about whether it rained a little during the night or its dew or what.

I spent a good deal of time outside yesterday. The bird feeders needed cleaning and re-filling. Sometimes I'll notice that food has been in an extended period of time. That normally happens when either the seed has maybe gotten wet and is sprouting or even mildewing, or there is a layer of built up residue blocking the opening. When that happens, I generally take them apart and clean them up and then refill them. I filled fifteen feeders yesterday.  I have a yard full of happy critters this morning.

I also did some yard clean up yesterday. I trimmed back the hydrangeas and got rid of the dead wood there. I also had a good deal of limbs laying around in the yard and got those all cleaned up. We are supposed to have some pretty strong wind this weekend and I'm sure more will come down, But at least for now, it looks better. If it dries out enough today, I plan to do some raking. The last vestiges of the leaves are still out there and I need to get them cleaned up. I might as well do it now since we have a nice day. There is no telling what spring will be like, but, I'm betting it will be a wet one.

I've had a brief "hi" from Ms. Kate this morning as she was fixing her first cup of coffee. The two hour time difference between here and Las Vegas is hard to get used to. I waited an extra hour before I texted her this morning so the message notification ding on her phone wouldn't be waking her up at 0600 or so.

I've set here long enough to get a numb bum so I better get up and walk around. I hope your day is pleasant and filled with nothing but love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment