Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Good morning and happy Wednesday. It is a Brrrrrrr morning out there at 39 degrees with a steady breeze. I may actually have to put my jacket on when we go out later. The high today is only going to forty five. But, if as predicted, the sun comes out later this afternoon, it will feel warmer.

A bit ago, the wind was whipping through the yard and the leaves were simply flying off of the fire bushes. They have gone from red to pink and have provided about all the beauty they are going to this year. Now those leaves lay under the bushes like a red carpet. The neighbor to the north has a big old Bradford pear tree out front and it is rapidly losing its leaves all over my yard and the street, making a nasty loking mess. Neighbor Dan was out yesteday with his lawn mower and blower cleaning up the fallen Maple leaves in his yard and clearing the leaves off of the street. I jumped on the John Deere and went out and mulched up the leaaves from the Bradford Pear that were in my yard. Between the two of us, we got the area high and tight again; --- Ready for inspection, Sir!!

it is Wednesday, so we all know my routine for today or at least for the afternoon and evening. We'll head out to the churches probably around 1600 hrs and do our administrative stuff and then stay for choir practice. We only have two weeks to get the Christmas program ready, and that means probably not more than three practices. We are probably at about 80% ready but that isn't nearly close enough. And --- I have no idea where the ladies are with getting the children's part ready. For a control freak like I sometimes tend to be -- that can be a headache. (Note to self: deep breaths, relax, let it be what it will be.)

We have a little bit of running around to do this morning so maybe we'll stop and have breakfast somewhere. I think having breakfast is my favorite meal to have out. Of course, in my mind, time of day and breakfast are not mutually exclusive. I could eat a breakfast meal a couple of times a day and be happy. But -- we need to pick up Ms. Kate's prescription at CVS. Tomorrow we are having dental cleaning for both of us and she needs to take an antibiotic before and after her dental work because she is on blood thinners.

My woodpeckers and cardinals, finches and sparrows, are all happily dining at the feeders this morning. The bright red on the Cardinal just happens to be the brightest color in the yard this morning, so, I'll begin my prayers with thanks to God for the bright spot. God speaks to us in so many different ways; we just have to look and listen. I hope that you have the time and opportunity to stop, look, and listen to what God has to offer you today. I think you will find that you have an abundance of blessings surrounding you. Take time to share those blessings with someone who seems to need some extra love today! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment