Wednesday, December 16, 2015

And Wednesday has rolled around again hasn't it? For today's Wednesday we start off with 50 degrees and a lot of dark clouds looming off in the western distance. We are forecasted for maybe a few showers today with only about one tenth of an inch of rain. It will be just enough to be messy and bring in the colder weather from the cold front. The best part about this particular Wednesday is that Ms. Kate will be getting home from her vacation tonight around midnight.

I have lots of the smaller birds out here today. Sparrows, finches, Downey woodpeckers, chickadees, and junkos are all out there at the feeders or hopping around below the feeders picking up what the others knock down. I only have a couple of cardinals at the moment. They will fly in here in a larger group in probably another 30 minutes. Everything seems to kind of take a turn in the cue; except of course for the old bushy tails that just climb up and push their way onto the feeders. I have one on a feeder right now and two more playing chase all around the yard and trees. It's just all part of my God-given entertainment every day. I love my cardinals though because they bring color and life to the back yard even when nothing is blooming. However, I think the little wrens are the cutest. They are so quick with their darting around and when they sing, their song is beautiful.

Tonight is the final rehearsal for the Christmas program. I trust it will go well. It will be fun seeing the children do their part, assuming they do. They are mostly young enough to get bashful at the last second and either say nothing or mumble through it. But --- regardless of how they do on Sunday --- they will be the star of the show and Facebook will be full of pictures come Sunday afternoon. That is just the nature of things.

It sounds like I'm hearing sprinkles on the roof of the sun porch although I don't see any drops on the sidewalk yet. The sky has gotten a bit darker. I love listening to the sound of the rain on the roof although it can lull a person to sleep in a heartbeat, especially when the house is totally quiet like it is this morning.

We are just a few days from Christmas. It has been long awaited and yet is suddenly here. There will be no white Christmas for most of the country this year as it is too warm. On the other hand, I don't have to worry about people getting to church safely for the Christmas Eve services. We have two services to do; a 7:00 pm at St. Paul's and a 9:00 pm at St. Lucas. If it is like most years, we'll have around 70 people at the early service and then maybe 30 or so at the late service. We do Holy Communion at both devices and close with a candle light song and prayer. I love doing them. The down side is that Christmas Eve is also Ms. Kate's birthday and she doesn't get a lot of choices about what we are going to do to celebrate.  I'm still waiting on her birthday present to arrive in the mail and am going to be honked off if it doesn't arrive in time. I ordered it in plenty of time for it to get here.

It is time to refill the coffee cup and my cardinals have arrived on schedule. Time to sign this off and enjoy my yard full of blessings once again. I pray your Wdnesday will be full of blessing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment