Saturday, September 5, 2015

Unfortunately there is no good news out of New Albany from Julie this morning. Her house sale did not go through. The house they wanted needed either a new roof or some roof work done and the sellers had until midnight last night to let Julie and Jim know if they were going to fix it or what. But, they didn't even have the courtesy to come back with an answer. So, Jules, (and allof us) sat around until midnight eastern time waiting on a phone call that never came. I mean, --- how rude was that of the sellers??? So, Julie and Jim are back to square one in their search for a home. The good news of course is that they have all the loan pre approved, they just need a home to apply it to. But it will put moving into a home at least another month down the road. Our hearts hurt for them, but obviously there is something better waiting in the wings for this drama to play out. We walk by faith; not by sight.

It is already 80* this morning and the sun is shining brightly. I've never seen cardinals in the bird bath before, but they certainly are this morning. I just filled it last evening and the birds have already splashed out half of the water. I filled all of the feeders again last evening and I have a lot of takers this morning. The blue jays have let everyone know that the feeders are full with all of their squawking and yammering. I swapped out the peanuts for bark butter bit this morning just to mix it up. Somehow, the starlings got the word because they were here in force this morning for awhile. They are also responsible for the depletion of the water in the bird baths. There were six of them in it awhile ago and water was going everywhere. It is comical to watch. The squirrels have now arrived and are busy playing case before they settle down to a feeder.

I did cut back some of the phlox yesterday but it was just too oppressive for me to breathe out there for very long. And then, --- yesterday afternoon, Ms. Buzzwing, the hummingbird was back at the phlox, so I guess I will leave it for a few more days. I had not seen the hummingbird for a few days so I thought it was possible they had started on their migration to Arizona. Other missing creatures most of the week have been the rabbit and yellow cat. I kind of miss both of them, although the neigbor needs to keep their cat at home. Nor, have I seen the raccoon back. That was money well spent for those baffles. I need to go get another 100# of sunflower seed. My can is almost empty. I can maybe get one more round of filling out of it before it is totally empty.

So, we are waiting to see if Julie is going to get to look at more houses this weekend or if she is coming over here. As much as we would love to hug her neck, I hope her realtor has some places available for them to look at. But, being a holiday weekend, that might not happen.

Time to wrap it up for today. Have a blessed weekend. Saty safe and give God praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment