Friday, September 25, 2015

Sunny, sunny Friday has gotten here and the leaves continue to fall from the poplar trees. It looks as though I may have to run the lawn mower over the back yard again. Happy second day of Fall. I might as well get the rake out and pull the leaves out of the flower beds back her too. The south fenceline flowerbed is full and it is a beautiful day to work outside.

Yellow cat was here this morning first thing. It just kind of sat around watching the birds come and go at the feeders and the bird baths. Once in a while it would get up and get into a crouched position to stalk a bird, but then it would sit back down bored. As I've said, as long as it doesn't snatch a bird, it is welcome, other wise it will feel the ejection end of my BB gun.

I need to check the hummingbird feeder to see if there is anything left in it. Ms. Kate has some door decoration on a couple of the doors out here that are made of rubberized/jelled type of material that enables them to stick to the glass. They are translucent and the sun shines nicely through them. One of my buzzwings was just here examining them because they look like blooming flowers. So, I need to make sure those guys have food. I don't want them to break a beak trying to eat from something that isn't real.

I have an old Black and Decker leaf blower/sidewalk sweeper that I bought at a B&D outlet store down in Fayetteville, NC back in 1989. I think I may have paid as little as ten or maybe even twenty dollars for it at the time. It is called "The Broom" and has been out of production for years., but it has served me well for many years.  The 3.6v batteries were dead in it this year, and it took me some searching to find any at any store. I bought two, took them home and put them in the blower and it didn't work. I thought perhaps the batteries need charging before use.  Then, I couldn't find my charger for that kind of 3.6v battery and I ordered one off of Amazon, promptly got it and charged up the batteries. However when I put the batteries in --- it didn't work. I used the word "crap" over that situation a few times. Afterall, I had spent $50 on two new batteries and another $20 for a new charger and had nothing to show for it. So, last night I took the thing apart and fiddled around with the inner workings and low an behold --- I got it working again. I felt like a genius because I have zero mechanical skills and I have no idea at what point, I actually "fixed it". But it is working again and that is all I need to know. It is just proof that even a blind squirrel can find an acorn once in a while!

It is well time for me to get busy. I hope you have a very blessed day and are surrounded by friends and the love of God. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment