Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Ozone alert today means that I won't be working outside at all. It's only 76* this morning but it sure feels hotter than that and is going to 91 or so. I'm heading to the churches this morning after I finish my blog. Its Wednesday and we know what I do on Wednesdays; run bulletins.

The flowers and pots are looking a bit bedraggled (I wonder if that really is a word?) this morning. And the birds have splashed most of the water out of the bird bath. So I need to go out and water the pots and refill the bird baths. I'm not getting a lot of birds these days. There is so much seed in the wild this time of year that they are feeding elsewhere. And, my new baffles have greatly slowed down the squirrel run through my yard. My stuff is lasting longer now. I also haven't had my raccoon buddy back for a couple of nights. They like easy targets and I've made it too much work for them.
But, yellow cat comes around everyday and lays outside my door. It watches my feeders and will get up on its haunches if one get within striking distance but so far, they just fly away and cat flops back down. I went out the other day and fussed at it; and it just wrapped itself around my leg, layed down and tried to play with my pantsleg. For certain, it is somebody's loved pet. It may be in for a surprise this weekend if Julie and the pupperonis come over. There will be a new game afoot for all concerned.

I'm glad to report that our lady that had her hip replaced yesterday had a successful operation yesterday and posted so on Facebook. Other good news is that the parishioner I had in the local hospital is going home today. I went to see him last evening and he was doing well and anxious to go home. So, this morning I lift up glory to God for the blessings he has bestowed on those folks. Our next concern is yet another lady who is having a hip replacement next Tuesday. I pray her operation will be entirely successful too. Of course, I daily lift up Byron for strength and patience. Sheila sent a picture of him yesterday from his trial run of coming home. He has lost so much weight, (as can be expected) but for his condition, he looked good. Probably just being home put some color back in his face. They plan to bring him home again this weekend and I pray it all goes well.

Ms. Kate gets home from her vacation this evening and my life will be whole again. Even though we talk several times a day either by phone or text, I miss her old wazoo being here. I'm lifting her and Karen up in my prayers for safe travel today.

Time for me to put down my coffee cup and get busy. I hope today you will feel the touch of the loving arms of Jesus Christ around your shoulders. God is walking beside you today with every step you take. Take a moment and give thanks for that. Then share that love with a stranger or someone you know. The world certainly needs more love and only we can make that happen. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment