Friday, September 4, 2015

I'm not sure which is more noisy this morning; the garbage truck with his shaking and banging of the garbage cans as he drives along; or the two squirrels that just came across my roof like they were late for a Black-Friday sale at Walmart that was giving away televisions. Sheesh! Y'all are disturbing my peace and quiet.

It is going to be another scorcher today and for most of the weekend. This is Labor Day weekend. It will be a day that many folks will not have their minds on the job they are supposed to be doing because they are going to be thinking about their weekend plans. This is the one last "hoorah" for the summer. The highways will be crowded with people heading to the beach or the lake or all kinds of outdoor activities. We're hoping Julie and the pups get to come over tomorrow morning. Thinking back to my years as a unit commander in the Air Force, ---- this is the day I would have a Commander's Call and give the Commander's safety briefing. The cold facts of the briefing were two fold of course. First of all, I cared for my people and I didn't want any of them to get hurt or killed. Secondly though, --- the briefing served to cover the butt of the commander and the Air Force chain of Command if some one did end up getting seriously hurt or killed. They had been briefed to be careful, not drink and drive and or any other stupid activity that might cause them harm. This weekend would mark the end of the 100 days of summer that began with Memorial Day.

The bluejays are here this morning and they are a bunch of fuss-a-lots. I have four of them out there squawking. Since I started putting peanuts out there, my bluejay population has grown. They will eat a peanut or two and then they go to the bird bath and get a drink. Then they go back to the feeders. The lady at the Wild Birds and Things store told me that often the bluejays will take a peanut and hide it, but the chick-a-dees watch them and will go steal the peanut. I don't know if that is true or not, but it is an interesting story.

We went to the butcher shop yesterday and picked up a nice pork roast for the weekend as well some pork burgers for the grill. We really like our butcher shop. We know the folks that own it and run it and they keep it immaculately clean and their products are wonderful. They have won many national awards for their products. But, I'll be doing some grilling this weekend. It Is the manly thing to do on Labor Day weekend.

My prayers for this morning include all of those folks who will be traveling this weekend. I pray for safe passage for them. I also lift up Byron this morning and hope he is able to be home from the rehab facility for the weekend and that it goes well for all of them. I think if he could just set out in the workshop and smell some sawdust, it would be perfect medicine for his soul and spirit. And perhaps if his soul and spirit feel better, so will his body. It would also do the family good to see him home too.

And, of course, my prayers must be prayers of gratitude again this morning. I've had a good week. I got lots done and more importantly, Ms. Kate had a safe trip home and we are together again. So the God of Abundance has once again filled my cup to overflowing with blessings. I pray that you will have a great weekend. Don't let the weekend conclude without having taken the time to visit your house of worship and join others in fellowship and worship. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment