Thursday, September 17, 2015

A breeze blows again this morning taking the leaves on a spiraling journey to the ground. A cardinal sits here on the bird bath, looking around cautiously, then dipping its head in for a drink and then back up again to make sure it is safe. Two houses up, the neighbor's dog is barking because the meter reader has tramped through its yard. Such is my morning as I sit here in my recliner reading all the exciting news that Facebook has to post. I like Facebook and use it all the time especially to keep in contact with old friends and stay current on what is going on in their lives; but I really do get tired of all of the hateful opinions people put on there. I find it interesting that people have no shame when it comes to their lack of the social graces and the use of social media. I admit that I too am a culprit sometimes. We butt in to conversations that weren't meant for us. We give opinions when none were asked for. People put stuff out that they wouldn't show their mama but lay it out there for the world to see.

What phlox we have left in the yard has now dwindled to only two stalks having any bloom at all on them and they are looking pretty bedraggled. I'm sure there is nothing left for the hummingbird to get out of them but it keeps trying, as do the butterflies. Ms. Kate has just refilled the hummingbird feeder so now Ms. Buzzwing will be happy. The knockout roses are still blooming pretty well and our geraniums are too, but that is about the extent of it. It is going to be time to bring the potted plants in before long. Ms. Kate and I were discussing that over our coffee yesterday. It will take a bit of rearranging here in the sunporch for that to happen. This year we are going to pare-down some of the things we bring in and maybe consolidate a couple of the pots. We have a couple of pots of geraniums out there though that will be the first to come in for sure. We have had them now for maybe ten years and they bloom constantly. We set them out in the late spring and bring them in before any danger of frost.

I need to go back up to the churches today and finish running the bulletins. We got part way through them yesterday but then had to head off and conduct a memorial service for the mother of a parishioner. From the length of the line at the visitation, it was obvious that she was well liked and she and her family had a lot of friends. It was a memorial service because she ha donated her body to science which shows the unselfishness of her character. We don't always have to be alive to benefit mankind. I suspect God might even like it that way.

I guess it is time I wrapped this up and got started on my day. As I do, I wish you a happy Thursday full of God's grace and peace. Think thought full of kindness and pass your blesssings along. They were freely given to you to share. Never forget; you can have all the toys in the world, but if there is no one to play with, they totally lose their value quickly. Share your blessings; watch them multiply.


No comments:

Post a Comment