Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Late to bed and early to rise; --- gives a fellow droopy eyes. So much for my early morning poetry. Actually, I didn't go to bed much later than usual, which is normally midnight or 12:30 am, but I woke up an hour and a half earlier tthis morning which will accomplish nothing because I'll sit here in a stupor with a numb brain. Not even the birds are up yet and the squirrels won't be out for another hour or so. So, if a bunch of zzzzzzzzzzzzzz start coming across the page, you'll know I dozed off.

It is a nice morning though. The temperature has already climbed into the mid seventies and heading up to ninety one today. The humidity will raise the feels like temp above that. We are in our first "dry spell" since April having now gone twelve days without rain. This seeems more like the days of summer I remember as a kid.

More writing to ddo today. I'm working on my sermon for next week and have reached that point of trying to keep it a message and not a rant. The scripture comes from the Epistle of James and is on "Controlling your Tongue". So that is what I need to do to accomplish writing my message. The problem is that all of my examples that come to mind are examples of people not controlling their tongue which is leading to so much of the division in our society today. So --- today will be a tailoring session and a prayer or two!

My baffles are still doing what I had hoped they would do. I filled all of the feeders yesterday afternoon and it is amazing how much food is still in them (the sunflower feeders) since the squirrels can't get on them. I have no doubt that the little fuzzy tailed rats will figure something out eventually, but for now, Yay for the home team.

I got a long email from my sister yesterday telling me that Byron is doing better and they have begun doing trial runs of bringing him home. They did that this past weekend and it went well and lifted his spirits immensely. So, with this being Labor Day weekend, they are going to try it again. He really wants to get home; ride his own recliner, maybe get out to his shop and smell sawdust again. They have nixed the idea of him going to Lori and Rogers for now at least. He just wants to be in his own home. It is amazing how God works and answers our prayers. Byron's room mate for the past couple of weeks has been a Lutheran Minister and they have had ample time to discuss and pray about life and death, and all those things that God works on through us. I am thrilled this happened. I hope the two of them remain in contact when Byron leaves the rehabilitation home. God sends help when we are ready to accept it.

I'm lifting up Ms. Linda this morning as she goes in for a new titanium hip. She is the daughter of a parishioner and in fact lives witin a few miles of where Byron is having his rehab. It is feasible they could be doing rehab in the same facility.

Time for me to get busy and leave the back yard to whatever may come today. My computer down in the office is calling my name and that sermon won't write itself, (darn it). Have a most blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment