Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The song, "Listen to the Rythmn of the falling Rain" is running through my head this morning as I sit out here. We are getting a blessed soaking rain which we really needed. It has been six weeks since our last measureable rain. So I'm going to sit here for awhile and just enjoy the sound. We are forecasted to get around 1.75 inches. We can use every bit of it.

Being glad about the rain for today is good. I don't, however, want rain tomorrow. I'm supposed to load the truck with furniture tomorrow morning to take to Julie's new home. So, I'm  hoping the forecast continues to be right and all of this will be out of here by tonight. We are just so excited for her and Jim. We are taking over a four piece bedroom set that had belonged to my mother. It isn't a great set but will serve them well in their guest bedroom no more often than they will have overnight company. It was the only set my parents ever owned, I guess, which means they must have bought it around 1940 or so. We are also taking over a curio cabinet that I gave to Ms. Kate back around 1985 or so. The tradition of living with "Early Relative" furniture continues on for the Heumann family. When Ms. Kate and I got married, we owned not much and what we did have was 90% destroyed in a car accident on our way to our first base. We initially rented a furnished apartment. Then we rented a partially furnished house. We even used orange crates for chairs in our little kitchen for some time, and had borrowed furniture from friends we made out in Yreka, CA. When my parents came to visit, we borrowed a couple of beds from the little Air Force Detachment where I was stationed.  They were not amused nor were they particularly fond of sharing in our "adventure". I guess one's vision is limited when you are only "looking down your nose" at people and situations.

Ms. Kate and I got all of the potted plants cleaned up, trimmed up, and brought into the sunporch yesterday. It's good that we did since it is raining today and we not only would have had to do it in the rain, the pots would have been heavy as the dickens to carry. I suspect the only one of my critter that will mind is the wrens who love to get down among the leaves of the plants and root around for something. But, it does change my view until next spring when the last frost should be over.

Thursday, we'll wait at Julie's until Josh arrives from Massachussettes, hug his neck, and then hit the road for our vacation. We need to make Asheville, NC by Thursday evening. Then, by Friday afternoon we'll be in Goldsboro, NC for a weekend visit with Lisa and her family; more neck hugging time.

A few birds have ventured out now that the rain has temporarily subsided. Even a squirrel came out despite the rain. Food is food I reckon. We have a lot of last minute stuff to get done, not the least of which is packing our suitcases and loading up the car. We have several things that we will be dropping off to Lisa so the car is going to be full between here and North Carolina.

I'm sending up prayers this morning for all my loved ones and friends. And, I'm selfish enough to save prayer or two asking for safe passage for Ms. Kate and I as we travel these next two weeks. My blogging will be sporadic for the next couple of weeks but check in with me. You never know what kind of adventures we may have along the way. In the mean time; may God bless each of you and pour His love upon you. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment