Monday, September 28, 2015

It's a very quiet morning out here this morning. The sky is overcast and it is 63* at the moment; no wind, no squirrels, and no birds. All I hear is the cricket somewhere outside the door. Maybe last night's celestial event  has something to do with that. We had a "Super Moon" along with what is called a Blood Moon, and a full lunar eclipse. The last time those thing combined was in 1982 and the bext time will be 2033. Assuming I'm still alive, I'll be 88 years old and most likely just won't care.

I was up at 0630 for "the morning trip" and decided to come on out here and start my morning cup of coffee. Yellow cat came through  but didn't stay which is good. I've started trying to run it off using the hose to get it wet. It was doing fine here until it started trying to snatch birds off of the bird bath. I'm afraid it will end up breaking a fairly expensive glass bird bath. So, it violated the rules and I'm voting it off of the island.

I think we might bring in some of the potted plants today or tomorrow at the latest. We are going to be gone for two weeks and could end up having first frost while we are gone. Mid to late October is generally the time for that. It will be interesting to see what the winter will bring this year; and believe it or not, we are only 90 days from Christmas. Hmmmm; at this late date how do I convince Santa that I've been good this year?? This could be a problem.

It was a "thin day" at the church services yesterday. Between the corn harvest, the bean harvet, and the annual Susan G. Komen "Race For a Cure" we had a lot of pur folks out. However, I didn't mind because the farmers were doing God's work bringing in the harvest that God provided and the folks attending the race were doing their part for cancer research and theere-by doing something for others. And the race has a worship service offered to start the day out. So it's all good. Speaking of all good; --- our annual Operaton Christmas Child drive is really going well. We have collected three large boxes of stuff already and have half filled a couple more. We will fill our OCC Shoeboxes come mid November and turn them in. In the past we have filled as many as 77 shoeboxes from the combined parish. What a great thing that is and it is a wonderful misson project. This project fills millions of shoeboxes every year to give to children around the world.

As I close this morning, I'm sending prayers that Byron has a good day and that he and Sheila can have a good quality of life together for the time they have left. So, I ask for God's strength and comfort for them. We also have several other people on our prayer list with cancer and I lift them up with prayers for comfort and peace too. That's why yesterday's Race for the Cure was such an important event. I also lift you up and pray you will have a most wonderful day. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment