Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Another happy Wednesday has arrived. I was up way too early today for no known reason other than maybe my brain just needed a coffee injection. The world is peaceful this morning with the exception of the clickity, clickity of the birds walking around on the sunporch roof. It sounds like an old time telegraph session going on up there.

It is 54* this morning and the sun has yet to crest my roof. Give it thirty more minutes and my yard will be engulfed in bright sunlight. I saw a picture on Facebook from my cousin Debbie of the sun breaking across their pasture and pond through the fog this morning over in southern Illinois. She has a great view to look at as she sits and has her coffee this morning too. Good morning Debbie!

We have several things on the agenda today. I have my physical this morning around noon. Then this afternoon we'll head to the church and do our bulletins and then stick around for choir practice this evening. The most exciting thing happening today though is that Julie and Jim are to close on their house first thing this morning. So, we are waiting to see how all of that went for them and whether or not the current owners have moved out yet or not.

It is interesting to sit here and watch the sun slowly devour the shadows that cover my yard. It reminds me of one of Stephen King's novels. "The Langoliers". In that story a group of airline passengers were caught in a dimension of some sort and everything was disappearing behind them. The rift they were caught in was the "passing of time" and as time passed, everything simply became dead and gone. So these passengers were in a constant panic to stay ahead of the point where they were consumed along with everything else. Watching the sunlight creep down my fence and across my yard is like that. OK, it's a little weird I know, but the book was good and I've only had one cup of coffee so far.

I'm glad to have my IPad keyboard working again. Yesterday as I was typing my blog something happened and I could no longer use it. It did nothing. So, I finished the blog using the IPad's internal keyboard. I thought perhaps the battery had died so I plugged it in to recharge it for several hours. However, that did nothing to improve the situation. But, if all else fails, read the directions, which I did and found out that it was a simple connectivity problem because somehow I had turned off the Bluetooth switch on the IPad. I love this external keyboard. It keeps me from having to hunt and peck with a stylus on the IPad.

The yard is getting brighter and the sun is adding to the brilliance of the red on the cardinals that are sitting at the feeders. It also shows me that most of the feeders are empty again as are the bird baths. Most of all though, it shows me that God has again presented us with a most beautiful day. There isn't a cloud in the sky and we are to warm up to 80* or so. As the sunlight floods the back yard; so my soul and my life is flooded with another day of God's blessings. It is great to be alive. I hope you have a most glorious day. Hug someone you love today. God put them them in your life for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment