Friday, September 11, 2015

Happy Friday morning. It is a cloudy morning and rain is expected on and off today and I think also tomorrow; but, fall weather is here for a couple of days anyway. The wind is filling the air and my back yard with leaves.

It has been a busy morning and interesting. I had to be up by 0400 to take neighbor Dan and his wife to the airport as they head off for a month of family vacation visiting. I decided to sleep out here in the sunporch until time to get up so my alarm and moving around didn't wake up Ms. Kate. I dropped them off and came back home and went to bed; and got up at my regular time.

I was sitting here and heard the biggest commotion going on up on my roof. I figured the squirrels were at it again. But, the bluejays were also raising sand like crazy. Then I heard some sliding up there and running and here came yellow cat down the pussy willow tree as fast as it could with bluejays on its rear end. It ran off out of my yard and wasn't carrying a bird; so I have know idea what was going on up there except I think the yellow cat learned a lesson. Now I'm hearing the squirrels chittering a bunch so yellow cat may be about to be unwelcome somewhere else in the neighbor's yard.

The buzzwing duo are back again this morning and have been keeping one another away from the hummingbird feeder. Then one will fly off and the other will drink; then the aerials begin all over again. So, in reality, it would seem they aren't really fighting, --- just postulating. Maybe it is all a courtship dance and they will fly off happily to New Mexico for their honeymoon. What do I know?

Today is September 11th, the fourteenth anniversary of the terrorist attack on the twin towers in New York City that cost the lives of so many innocent people and so many brave people who rushed in to try and save lives. I was standing in my family room, just fifteen feet from where I am sitting now when I saw the planes hit those two towers. It was simply unbelieveable and inconceivable that that could be happening. So many lives were lost that day and so many more lives around the world have been lost since that day from the wars that the event started. And --- no onewill ever know the real reason that attack happened because all the perpetrators died in the explosions too. But that is what pure hate really looks like. It is a terribly sad state of affairs for all of humanity.

So this morning I lift up all of God's children and pray that some way and some how --- God will cause peace to happen in this world.  Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment