Monday, September 21, 2015

Coffee, coffee, coffee! I do love my morning cups of coffee. Actually, I like my coffee most anytime of the day although my coffee consumption has dropped off dramatically since I retired from the military. There was a day when I'd drink as much as thirty six cups of coffee a day. Now, I'm down to my morning two and then if we go out to eat, I almost always have coffee. Of course if my coffee drinking buddy, Julie, comes here, then multiple pots are a brewing. Ms. Kate drinks coffee too now. It only took me a quarter of a century to get her started on it, and now I share the pot with her every morning.  Howz all of that for too much information about nothing?

It's another beautiful morning. It's 66* which is up from the 46* earlier this morning. The sun is shining brightly and the starlings are here for their mornng bath. I'll have to go out and fill the bird bath again later today. I've been amazed at the number of cardinals that we have coming in again. They were gone for awhile but hopefully they have now returned for the fall and winter. As long as I keep the feeders filled, I reckon they will be here to eat from them. My nimber of squirrels have dropped off for some reason which is great. Yellow cat has not been around for over a week and Mr. Longears, the rabbit hasn't been seen for at least that long either.

This will be an exciting week for Julie and Jim. They will close on their house on Wednesday. The big question now is whether the current owner has moved out yet or not. Accordning to the purchase deal, they have seven days after closing to be out of the house, which seems really strange to me but I'm told is not unusual. We always got keys on closing but then we only bought homes that were empty. Hopefully, they are out and moved so the kids can start moving stuff in right away.

Ms. Kate got bit by something two days ago. She has a spot on the nape of her next that red and swollem to about the size of a quarter, (which is much smaller than it was) and is an obvious bite, probably a spider. Keeping a cold compress has helped keep the swelling and itching down. She is highly allergic to things like bee stings and such so what ever got her, did a number on her. She couldn't go to church yesterday because of it.

It is timee for me to get busy. I have another week's sermon to write before we take off for vacation and I have other stuff tto get done to day. I hope you have a great day. If you are having as good of weather as we are, I hope you have time to get outside and breathe it in and give God praise for it. And don't forget --- do something nice for someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment