Thursday, August 6, 2015

We've had to get up early every morning this week because of some early morning appointment. Today we have nothing on the schedule and we are up earlier than usual. I guess God decided I needed to come out and watch the rain drop fall, or not fall, or fall again. What ever the cause --- we are up early today. They say "The early bird gets the worm," and if that is so, then that fat robin will be making a haul this morning.

Speaking of Robins; I love the internet. I got to watching the robins the other day as they went about their business of finding worms. But, I wondered how in the world they find worms. Generally you see a robin and it will sit with its head cocked to one side and then suddenly it will run to a spot and grab up a worm. Most people might tell you that they are "listening" for worms, and I've heard that all my life. But I went to Google and asked the question and found out that actually their eyes are exponentially better than humans and they are watching the earth for movement just below the surface. I find it facinating that (a) they can do that; and (b) that I can just go to the internet and ask a question like that and up pops the answer. I mean, who puts all of this stuff out there? When I was a kid in elementary and middle school my parents bought a set of Compton's Encyclopedias. They paid like $300.00 for the set which in the 1950's was a huge amount of money. I don't know of another family that had a set, but I'm sure others did. But, when it came time for me and my sister to write research papers, that was our source of reference because no way were we going to be driven all the way into town to the library. Today I doubt that kids even know what an encyclopedia is. And if they had a set it would be out of date before it was even printed. That's how fast technology puts out information today.

My backyard is full of birds today. I have plenty of feed in most of the feeders. The only ones that are totally empty are the bark butter feeders. But, there are feeders full of sunflower seeds and others full of peanuts, The hummingbird feeder is still fine and llittle Buzz is making good use of it. Afterwhile, when it quits raining, I'll go out and top everything off again.

I don't know what is on the agenda today. I know I have to practice my trumpet for Sunday. I didn't yesterday or the day before so I need to work on my song again today. I know the song; that's not the problem. The problem is keeping the lip in shape to play it. This is just more work I have caused myself. But, --- I constantly tell people that if God gave you a talent, (and God has given everyone some kind of talent;) then you are obligated to use it or you are wasting a blessing. So, I'll get this one done because I do not want to be a hypocrite.

I'll close with prayers for loved ones far and near. God continues to bless us as a family and me individually. I am so very grateful. I pray you will have a good day and will take time to say a prayer today and lift up someone you know that just might need to know that you love them and are praying for them.

C' ya'

No comments:

Post a Comment