Friday, August 7, 2015

A beautiful morning, coffee in my cup, sunshine and flowers in my back yard and all my aviary friends here for breakfast. What a great way to start the day.  Between the blue jays and the grackles, the peanuts are almost gone. I actually had three bluejays out here this morning which is unusual. Generally they don't come around in more than pairs. If we go out today we'll need to stop at Wildbirds and get some more peanuts. Or, I guess we could stop at Pet Food Center and see if they have them. It is closer and might even be cheaper. The stuff I get from Wildbirds and Things is a bit dicey with the price.

Well, here comes little long ears, my bunny. I haven't seen him in a couple of days. He is staying farther out in the yard these days and tends to eat under one particular feeder and that's alright. At least he is staying out of Ms. Kate's flowerpots. I'm not sure if he is eating spilled seed out there or eating the sprouts that shoot off of the sunflower seeds when they get wet. That would be more in keeping and would be good and tender for him too.

I'm seeing the first vestiges of a change in the yard and seasons again. I have few of the leaves that are starting to fall from the poplar trees; not many, --- but a few. Yesterday the rain and clouds brought in a record "cool high". I know we'll have plenty of hot and humid days yet but that was an anomaly. On the other hand, our entire weather pattern this year has beeen weird. Its been hot when it shouldn't have been, cold when it shouldn't have been and more rain than we need. We, the people of this planet have certainly screwed up our atmosphere and changed our weather patterns. We can't blame or credit God for all of this. God doesn't pollute the atmosphere; people do. I watched a timelapse video from a satellite showing how the air pollution coming out of Asia comes around the world and is dense enough to change our weather. For all of the efforts to clean up our atmosphere here, all we are doing is sending them clean air and they send us back filth. It just is proof to me of something I heard decades ago. I remember being told that in a Nuclear War, if we fired everything we had and Russia fired nothing, we'd lose the war. They would have the destruction for sure, but the nuclear fall out would all come back down on us via the jet streams. How's that for your happy thought for today?

Julie hasn't had much luck so far in her house hunt. They start again tomorrow at 10:00 am. They had one they really like but the owner wouldn't compromise on anything at all. They had another that looked really promising but the renters had totally trashed the place. I hate that for the owners. Hopefully they will find a nice place yet this weekend. Amanda is doing well since her accident and I contunue to thank God for that.

I haven't read my devotional yet this morning so I need to get on with that, then a conversation with the Lord and give thanks once again for such a beautiful day. Then I need to put this beautiful day to use and not waste it. I hope you will take time to give God praise today. No matter what is going on in your life, God is with you. If you are sick, I pray God brings you comfort of body and spirit. If you are well and having a geat day, I pray you will stop and give thanks for that. Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. House hunting is changed to late afternoon. My days have run together so much that I forgot that I have to work!

    ReplyDelete