Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Its an afternoon post today. This morning we were up early for a 0900 appointment with our lawyer to finalize our wills, health care representitive and living wills. Not fun stuff but critically necessary stuff. We just got home and the phone rang and it was our friends up by the church wanting to know if we wanted some more sweetcorn to put up. We said we did and took off again. We visited for awhile with them and then headed home again with six dozen ears of corn in tow. Now, every thing is done including filling my belly with with some of the best sweet corn on earth. We put up seven pints and seventeen half pints today. Last week we put up that much too but we gave it all away. We kept back a dozen ears for subsequent meals today.  We still need to go through our downstairs freezer and make room for peaches. The Freestone peaches should be read any time now. 

It has been a rainy day on and off; nothing heavy, just a system passing through the area. It has knocked down the heat and humidity though and I like that part. I stepped outside yestrday evening and it actually felt "cool".  Those days will be here soon enough so I'll make no complaints about hot weather. I'm glad it has rained eough to wet the soil enough to dig in. I still need to put in that last flowerbed addition. I tried to break the soil up a bit the other day and it was hard as a rock.

My daughter, Lisa, posted an updated picture of Amanda after the accident. Her eye has a shiner to be proud of. I still give thanks to God that they were not hurt more than they were. I look at the pictures of that truck and I just can hardly bellieve they were both killed or as a minimum had multiple serious injuries. God certainly held them in the palm of God's hands. There is no other rational explanation.

I got a notice from Lori, my sister's daughter saying that Byron isn't doing well at all. His PSA has risen and he is too weak to have Chemo. They are recommending that he continue to stay at the nursing home. My heart goes out to him and I can only pray for comfort and some resemblance to quality oof life. 

I reckon I'm done for today. We are waiting to hear from Julie and Jim. They are out house hunting and had five to see this afternoon. I really hopw they find one they like and get it. They had one they really liked but the owner wanted full asking price and wouldn't compromise in any way. So, obviously he wasn't too inerested in selling. Have a good evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment