Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy mid-week. The days, -- they do just roll on don't they? When a person stays active and busy, it seems as if time just flies by. It's certainly busy in my yard this morning. I filled all of the feeders and the word has obviously gone out; (carrier pigeons you think?). The bluejays and the black birds are here fighting over peanuts. I had to slightly rearrange feeder positioning because at least one squirrel had figured out where he could sit and stretch far enough to reach the feeder full of peanuts. I never cease to be amazed at th gyrations and contortionism that squirrels put themselves through to eat. They are true survivalists. But why wouldn't they be? They are nothing more than a rat with a fuzzy tail. But isn't it amazing how we can loathe rats and think that the squirrels are just so cute.

Ms. Kate made it fine to Las Vegas with Karen. She said the flight out was nice because they were on a bigger plane and it wasn't crowded for a change. Generally that flight is jammed full. With a little luck, maybe it will be the same for them when they return. So, I'm sitting here in the quiet of the house, --- which in reality is no different than I do every morning. On a normal day, I'm here in the sunporch in the morning and Ms. Kate is in her office at her computer. There's no TV or radio going and we only talk when we carry coffee to one another. So why is it that the house seems so very quiet? I wonder if there is such a thing as "the silence of absence"? If there wasn't --- there is now because I just invented a new term. I'm meeting my long time friend, Ron for lunch today. Ron recently lost his wife of forty or so years. He called me the other day to tell me that he is selling his house and land and moving to Ohio to be closer to his son. I suspect that Ron is experiencing that "silence of absence" too, although on a much deeper basis because Sandy won't be coming home in a few days like Ms. Kate will be. One of the reasons I encourage Ms. Kate to do these trips with Karen is because Karen lost her husband several years ago too and lives in a big place all by herself.

I did get some work done in my office last evening but haven't started yet on next weeks sermon except for collecting a few thoughts in my head. When I return from lunch today, I'll work out in the raspberry bed for a bit and then get started on writing. The weather is going to be just out of the 70's today and it is cloudy. So yard work will be a pleasure.

It is time to finish up my second cup of coffee here and stop and give thanks to a Magnificent God that showers my life with blessings and love. Today I lift up once again prayers for strength for my brother-in-law Byron and my sister as they deal with his cancer. I lift up prayers for successful operations for two of my parishioners that are having hip replacement surgery in the next couple if weeks. I lift of prayers for God's daily care, grace, mercy, and protection for all my loved ones as they go about their daily lives. I also lift up prayers of gratitude for this wonderful parish I am so blessed to serve and pray that I am doing it properly and in accorrdance with what God wants me to be doing.  I also pray that your day will be filled with God's love and blessings and that you will take time to acknowlege those blessings, and then share them with someone.  Shalom


No comments:

Post a Comment