Saturday, August 22, 2015

And it is another Saturday! For all I can tell, it is also a beautiful Saturday too. The sun is shining and it is a nice 70 degrees out side. Thhe squirrels are busy at the feeders they can get on and the grackle and the bluejay are swapping turns at the feeder full of peanuts. It is a good thing I bought another 20# bag of those the other day.

Ms. Kate and I are moving kind of slow this morning. We spent a lot of timee out in the yard yesterday and are sore from that today. I'd like to spend the day not doing much but that won't get the work done. I think I'll start by going to the local Co-op store and getting a scoop full of mulch. That way I'll have it on the truck, whether I get around to spreading it today or Monday. The place closes at noon. By the time I get back, my body should be ready to finish weeding that flowerbed and then we'll see if I feel like spreading the mulch.

The other thing on our radar for either today or NLT Monday is getting the other half bushel of peaches put up. I think they are ready by now. Ms. Kate does most of the work in that job because she does all of the peeling. We slice them in the food processor, then together we put them in the containers. and I take them downstairs to the freezer. We should get another thirty half pints out of this half bushel. I had the weirdest dream last night though about those peaches. I dreamed that Ms. Kate was teaching me how to make peach kuchen and she wasn't happy because I kept taking bites out of them "to taste test them". It is strange what thoughts pass through a person's mind while they sleep.

I got the yards mowed yesterday afternoon and I also went and got a haircut. I was starting to get a little shaggy around the collar and the ears and I can't stand that. Too many years of military haircuts to allow that to happen. Besides, at 71, wearing my haiir long would just look incredibly silly. I do wish I could grow a nice beard though. But everytime I go about three or four days without shaving, it starts to drive me nuts. Besides that, my facial hair never comes in right to facilitate a nice beard; it's too sketchy.

Time to drop off and have a talk with the giver of all blessings. I hope I never lose the appreciation for my life and the love that surounds me on a daily basis. I am so very fortunate and I will never understand why I have been this blessed. All I can do is give thanks to God for His grace and mercy and work my hardest to be a proper citizen of God's kingdom. Tomorrow is Sunday, a day of rest and worship according to God's commandments. I hope you will take time to visit your house of worship and give thanks for God's presence in your life. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment