Friday, August 14, 2015

Tis  a wee bit cloudy this morning as I sit here enjoying my morning coffee. And, -- it is strangely quiet. There are no birds around except a couple of sparrows, and no squirrels have shown up so far. Ms. Margret's yard crew across the back fence has already come and gone, school is in session so the kids next door aren't making any noise, and even the other neighbor's dog has quit barking. So the only sound I hear is the clicking of my keyboard. I love the sound of peace and silence.

And, a good Friday morning to you! I don't know what your schedule holds for today but mine will include mowing my yard and filling the bird feeders and the bird baths. Ms. Kate and I need to get to the orchard and get some peaches before they are all gone. We missed out one year and I go through what we put up in the freezer rather quickly. They make a super evening snack. I like to take them out of the freezer, microwave them about 45 seconds or just enough to break up the solid block, and eat them with the ice still on them.

I may even spend some time today pulling some more weeds. I was sore all day yesterday from the working in the flowerbeds on Wednesday. A few ibuprophen got me through the day and today I can work it all over again. This aging stuff, (note that I didn't say getting old) tends to take a toll on you especially when a person lives a relatively sedentary life. I get amazed at guys like my friend Bob who is eleven years older than I am and he and his buddy go out and cut firewood for sale. He's also the one who raises the corn that we get and his tomatoes are seven foot tall. So, when I'm around Bob, I try not to mention that I might have a sore back or muscles.

I did my visitation yesterday and went to the church and got things ready for Sunday. Ms. Kate didn't go with me this time, she was busy getting a perm and a haircut. Yesterday evening we went out to a local tavern called the Darmstadt Inn, for dinner. They make the best open-faced roast beef sandwiches. The servings are big and the roast beef is super tender, and it was cheap. Two meals, our iced tea, and tip came to $20.00. I think some of the best food in our area comes from these little country taverns. We and Bob and his wife are going to a different one for lunch tomorrow to finally celebrate a shared birthday. That one specializes in their deep fried mushrooms and going there on our birthday for mushrooms has become an annual event.

The sun has broken through the clouds as I sat here and God produced yet another beautiful day. So, it is time to give thanks for that and also to lift each of you up in prayer. Take time to attend you local house of worship this weekend. Give God thanks for what God has done for you this week. Regardless of your physical or mental status, God has shared blessings with you and walked beside you all week. Take some time to bow before the majesty of the Lord. It's good for your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment