Monday, August 24, 2015

Another beautiful start to the week. Wow! Thank yoy Lord Creator. It is currently 66 degrees with just a slight breeze and the sun is shining brightly. It hasn't quite come across the roof yet but isn't far off. The great news is that the weather forecasters are calling for a full week of weather just like this. It looks and feels like an autum day. As I look up through the tulip poplar tree I see a lot of yellow leaves up there which means that raking and mulching of the leaves isn't that far off.

We had a good weekend. Saturday I went and picked up a scoop of double-ground mulch to put on the flower bed that I was working on. By Saturday afternoon I finally finished pulling the weeds out of that one and cut the iris back. Today Iwill get the mulch put on it. Then it should be done until spring with the exception of trimming off the peonies some time in September. Of course, that is only one of the flowerbeds that we need to work on.

While I was pulling weeds, Ms. Kate was busy in the kitchen peeling and slicing and freezing up the last half bushel of peaches. She put up another 27 half pints and made two delicious peach pies, one of which we took over to neighbor Dan and his wife. The last piece of that will be my breakfast this morning before I head outside and work it off. But, with 57 new containers of peaches in the freezer, we're all set for winter. I'd like to get out to the orchards one more time and pick up maybe a peck of peaches yet and maybe if I'm extra nice, Ms. Kate will make another peach pie before the season is over. The problem is that she and her sister leave for a week of vacation tomorrow and we know I don't know how to make that pie. I could follow her recipe but it wouldn't taste the same. Like all good cooks, there are little things that she does when making things that she "just does" with out thinking about it; and those things never get written down on the recipe card.

Ms. Kate needs to run to the doctor this morning and have her monthly bloodwork done. Then she needs to finish packing her suitcase. I need to get out and fill all of the bird feeders today. As per usual on a Monday, they are all mostly empty. So, we each have our jobs for the day and then this evening I reckon I will get started on writing. I have this weeks sermon done but nothing done ahead' and it is coming up on the end of the month so that means end of the month reports to do also.

Ms. Kate just joined me here in the sunporch and brought a coffee refill so I'm off of here for today. Have a most blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment