Friday, August 21, 2015

I wonder if Bluejays fart! If I ate as many peanuts as that bluejay out there on my feeder eats --- I'd have that problem.
Good morning, happy Friday, and welcome to my world of weird thoughts this morning. It is a fantastic morning. The temperature is 61 degrees, the sun is shining, the high today is to be 81 degees and low humidity. I hear a flowerbed calling my name asking to be rescued from the choke hold of a bunch of weeds. I have cleaned out that same bed already twice this summer and one would never know it. I need to get the weeds out, then get some mulch down. I spent about twenty minutes out there yesterday evening. The weeds were pulling up fairly well because of the rain. So, I need to take advantage of that. Ms. Kate, the Round-up Queen, is going out with me. It is a bit wet from dew yet to be working out there. After the sun dries the grass, I'll also take a John Deere ride through the yards and get my mowing done.
All my feeders are full this morning but I don't have many birds here; just a couple of cardinals and the bluejay. I did have five or six squirrels out there playing tag and chasing one another all over the yard but for the moment they too have gone. Ms. Margarets yard crew has been here already this morning across the fence so maybe the grass is drier than I think it would be. I finally figured out just who her yard guy looks like. If you have ever watched any of the Harry Potter movies, you will remember the guy that had the cat and was the caretaker there in the school. That's who this guy looks like.
Speaking of cats; the yellow cat from down the way was back in my yard again yesterday morning, just sitting in the crook of the pussy willow tree outside my door. I tried to "shoo" it away but instead it came down and came over to me like it wanted me to pet it. I thought for a moment it was going to to do that wrap around your leg thing that cats do but it didn't. Finally, it just walked off since I wouldn't feed it or pet it. I guess I am going to have to give it a name like I do my other critters. So far, it ignores my birds which is why we can remain friends. It just chases the squirrels which is all good by me.
We spent most of the day running around yesterday which is whyI never got to the blog. We had an appointment yesterday morning on the other side of town that took awhile; then out for lunch. Nexxt was a drive to a neighboring town to pick up a couple of cantelope, (which I just remembered are still in the car). Then it was back to the other side of town again and go to the bird feed store, then home. It as all just stuff to do but it all takes time. And --- unless I do my blog in the morning, I seldom get back to it. This is kind of my morning starter. It gives me a chance to have my coffee, sit and appreciate my world and life and give praise to God for it, watch what is going on in my yard, and clear my mind for the day to come. I also read my email, and jump on Facebook and see what my "friends" are all up to, and play my three games of Bingo and Criminal Case. If I'm lucky, one or more of my girls are also on and I can have a quick message chat with them. Welcome to the first two hours of my day. And now, --- having accomplished most of that for today --- it is time to get out in the yard. Have a blessed day. Knoow that you have been in my thoughts today and lifted up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment